• Folding@EVGA
  • Help needed...I can't connect to Folding@home web browser and machne has wu's "Ready"
2020/03/22 09:34:19
SmookinJoe
My Advanced Control FAH client has a huge log of errors concerning about the server's and I couldn't find any posts on EVGA about it.
Am I the only one unable to use any form of web connection to reach the FAH forums or https://foldingathome.org/
Looking for help in getting my Folding machine running again.
It has 2 sends and 2 downloads "ready"
Help?
2020/03/22 10:31:29
STR1D3R_2
Have you tried a brief pause. I can see your link and get to the forums fine of Firefox 
2020/03/22 10:42:23
SmookinJoe
STR1D3R_2
Have you tried a brief pause. I can see your link and get to the forums fine of Firefox 

Many brief pauses and restarts.
Tried a complete network reboot, starting at Gateway router, and moving inward.
I can now get one Gpu to fold and one of the finished WU's got sent but the other gpu is still ready and failing to send...
port 8080 and 80 were mentioned in log so I have turned off the computers firewall.
Am able to use the FAH web and statistics connection again.
Might only be me...lol
Setting up another computer at the moment so I might not respond real quick.
2020/03/22 11:26:17
SmookinJoe
So my problem computer is folding on both gpu's and the "Send" wu is still stuck and attempting. Turned Defender back on in problem computer.
The second computer has a gpu working and a cpu "ready"

Looking for the problem section of a forum for to post some of my log...

Wondering if I shouldn't finish the other WU's and reinstall FAH?
Joe
2020/03/22 11:46:42
STR1D3R_2
SmookinJoe

Wondering if I shouldn't finish the other WU's and reinstall FAH?
Joe

More than likely just the collection server assigned. Give it time. I have done that on 1 rig when all this started and there was no difference. I had 1 WU that sat for well over a day ready to send and it finally disappeared one night. That same card was still pumping some out at the time. I also had one single card rig running a WU while 2 were waiting to send. They eventually did. 
2020/03/22 12:09:36
Cool GTX
No, FaH is hosed Again this AM --- I had to fight to get several GPU running. 

I'm Still Fighting the issue  Stupid FaH assignment server ---> keeps sending me to Servers with  "NO WU Available for this Configuration" 

1) finish any Open WU ... or reset the "Checkpoint Frequency" to 3 min ( you'll loose less work is you Stop an active slot)

2) Close FaH Client window (does not stop FaH)

3) "Quit" FaH

4) Restart FaH  - OR - [Reboot your PC first]

5) Change Slots back to Fold

Still not working ...... use "Finish Command for Any Slots w/ Work ... wait till all WU are finished & Uploaded the work

1 - Now "Quit" Folding
2 - Open "Data Directory"
3 - Open "Work" Folder & then [Clear the contents of Work Folder]
4 - Now Reboot PC & Restart FaH

2020/03/22 12:14:06
SmookinJoe
Looks like it isn't only me...

https://foldingforum.org/...p;t=32492&start=75

The servers they are talking about..
155.247.164.213 & 214 are the ones listed on Send info...
The post I linked mentions the servers aren't configured properly for the WU size..."last page on post half way down"
vnicolici posted
"Now we know that, unless the servers lie "to prevent cheating", the problem is most likely the result size, since they return HTTP_REQUEST_ENTITY_TOO_LARGE when attempting to upload the result.

I looked through my logs from this week to try to get more insight about the problem. This is what I found so far:

- out of the 58 units I processed so far 56 results have uploaded successfully;
- the 2 WU results that fail uploading are both 55.24 MiB in size and are both from project 11758 and the attempts are to servers 155.247.164.213 & .214;
- I didn't process any other WUs from project 11758;
- the largest WU results accepted by either .213 or .214 has been a unit of 21.92 MiB from project 11753, which was accepted after 3 failed attempts.
- I found 2 other WU results that are also both 55.24 MiB in size, from a different project, 11764, but those were successfully uploaded to 128.252.203.10;
- the remaining WU results from the logs have been smaller, the largest ones being 5 WU results of 49.92 MiB accepted by 128.252.203.10 and 128.252.203.2

So this evidence suggests the issue is related to the servers .213 / .214 or project 11758 not being configured properly to accept large WU results, and that the configured result limit is somewhere between 21.92 MiB and 55.24MiB.

I hope this helps the people in charge of the server/project fix the issue."

I didn't see size listed in my logs but I could have missed it and it has been trying so hard it might have triggered a DoS in my routers...I know nothing...gag!

PS ...my work unit I am trying to send is 55.28mb's
HHHMMM!
2020/03/25 02:51:56
unknown_sage
It's also happening to me with the exact same project and the same 2 servers. At the time of this post it has so far made 11 attempts to send the wu. All other projects are getting sent.
2020/03/25 18:32:51
SmookinJoe
In the expert section for the gpu slots I reentered
client-type
beta
Pretty much constant work for the gpu's since I reentered that info...

Cpu's aren't seeing much work (didn't know if I should enter anything in their expert section..since I am not an expert
I have an unsent wu from a gpu that is still working on other things
trying to send to 155.247.164.213 and 155.247.164.214
It will Expire on 2020-03-29
It has attempted since the 22.
Various reasons that those two server addresses are rejecting.
I hope it disappears at it's expiration date.
Disappeared last night...
Joe
PS...Just for fun I put client-type beta into the cpu slot and it started RUNNING...
...SO not kidding...lol
I think I found the SilverBullet...lol

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account