2020/03/22 07:27:27
Bernard17
so had an older build with a 470 laying around. 
Had booting issues, so i wiped it and put linux mint on there.  Ran the FAH client and it picked up no jobs in 12 hrs. 
So i took the machine, wiped it and put win7 pro on. 
Ran the client, 4 minutes later i am running a job. 
WTH?  im not mad but that's kinda shady.  windows bias i guess
2020/03/23 05:51:45
ipkha
No bias, just timing. Too much demand for work since the Covid-19 surge.
2020/03/23 06:07:37
STR1D3R_2
My Linux rigs are getting about the same as my 1 windows rig. What driver did you install while on Linux? Was there any OpenCL errors in system info?
2020/03/23 06:32:59
Cool GTX
FaH is having Issues with the Huge response from New Volunteers

FaH is trying to bring more Servers online

FaH .... Still hangs .... assignment servers have some sort of Code Issue ---> why send the slot to a Server that can't assign work ?

It is "the New Normal" for the Slot to sit idle, for Hours --> FaH Server Stats say they have work --> Yet you can't get it

1) Pause the slot --->  close the "Advanced Client Control" (this Does NOT close the App)... Reopen Advance Client Control ---> Un-pause your slots

2) If Still idle & All WU have Completed & Uploaded  "Quit the Client" (closes the App), open & clear the "Work Folder" .... restart the Folding Client
2020/03/23 11:11:13
Bernard17
ipkha
No bias, just timing. Too much demand for work since the Covid-19 surge.

the same machine i wiped, put on windows and it immediately grabbed a job?  i dont buy it.  and my 2 other windows machines were there humming along
2020/03/23 11:12:51
Bernard17
STR1D3R_2
My Linux rigs are getting about the same as my 1 windows rig. What driver did you install while on Linux? Was there any OpenCL errors in system info?

driver?

just installed mint, updated system, nvidia 390 driver.  sat for 12 hours and no jobs as my win machines were completing and picking up new jobs.
2020/03/23 11:17:42
Bernard17
Cool GTX
FaH is having Issues with the Huge response from New Volunteers

FaH is trying to bring more Servers online

FaH .... Still hangs .... assignment servers have some sort of Code Issue ---> why send the slot to a Server that can't assign work ?

It is "the New Normal" for the Slot to sit idle, for Hours --> FaH Server Stats say they have work --> Yet you can't get it

1) Pause the slot --->  close the "Advanced Client Control" (this Does NOT close the App)... Reopen Advance Client Control ---> Un-pause your slots

2) If Still idle & All WU have Completed & Uploaded  "Quit the Client" (closes the App), open & clear the "Work Folder" .... restart the Folding Client

work folder?  is that in program files?  i dont see that
2020/03/23 11:58:31
STR1D3R_2
Cool GTX
cfemrite
Hi, Cool GTX.   Where is the "work folder"?

cfemrite
Nevermind.  Found it.

Just in case Someone else has not looked around the Folding App

From the Windows --> Start Button
     --> FAHClient
            --> Data Directory
               --> Work

2020/03/23 12:50:53
Bernard17
STR1D3R_2
Cool GTX
cfemrite
Hi, Cool GTX.   Where is the "work folder"?

cfemrite
Nevermind.  Found it.

Just in case Someone else has not looked around the Folding App

From the Windows --> Start Button
     --> FAHClient
            --> Data Directory
               --> Work

got it, thanks

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account