2020/03/16 13:26:59
BadBertie
Evenin' All
I've only just noticed one of the cpu error leds is lit on the x299 dark mobo, and there's not much info on what it means, whether error led #1, #2 or#3 is lit or which is which.
My eyes aren't so good so this might have been lit some time. Only focussed on it after latest W10 update BSOD and was unable to restart without clearing CMOS and reverting to previous version. But might have been on before. (update messed all the PCIE slots amongst other rubbish)
Running latest Bios (new chip) 1.21
CPU - i9 10900X with watereblock, have re-sited in socket. No issues there. CPU (not folding) temps when all cards folding <60 deg C previously.

Any thoughts?
Is it a dodgy CPU, dodgy mobo, or is it just cr@ppy W10 updates?

2020/03/16 15:46:35
Sajin
Sounds like your bios got corrupted.

Led info can be found on page 10, 11, 12, & 13... https://www.evga.com/support/manuals/files/151-SX-E299.pdf
2020/03/16 22:31:51
ZoranC
Which LED exactly you are talking about? If you could post a picture of it it would help.
2020/03/17 06:01:17
BadBertie
 Looking at this magnified it could be the 5v supply led?

Attached Image(s)

2020/03/17 10:12:25
bob16314
Yeah, that's the +5VSB (Volts StandBy) LED from the PSU..What does the voltage say in the BIOS -> Advanced -> H/W Monitor section and/or the EVGA E-LEET software?

It seems that it should be on but the manual doesn't really say Jack about it being Red or White..I assume Red would be outside of tolerance and White would be good..See page 13 of your mobo manual.

+5VSB should be 4.75V to 5.25V..If it's within tolerance, it's good.
2020/03/17 10:41:13
BadBertie
bob16314
Yeah, that's the +5VSB (Volts StandBy) LED from the PSU..What does the voltage say in the BIOS -> Advanced -> H/W Monitor section and/or the EVGA E-LEET software?

It seems that it should be on but the manual doesn't really say Jack about it being Red or White..I assume Red would be outside of tolerance and White would be good..See page 13 of your mobo manual.

Yup Bob, Jack is about right. It appears to only be "red" or "off", same type led as error leds in that area. Which is a bit deceptive as the manual only states +5v Standby Power - RED: voltage present (Does not mean PSU voltage is outputting in-spec, only that this specific voltage is detected)
A little confusing as an indicator/warning.
Maybe EVGA could have shelled out for green led here, not that this would have been of much use for us Red/Green challenged individuals. 😁
2020/03/17 10:43:57
BadBertie
Sorry, in the end a pointless post.
I would only suggest to EVGA a clearer diagram for these minute details on their mobos is probably warranted.
2020/03/17 11:03:08
BadBertie
Cool GTX
https://xdevs.com/guide/e299ocg/

LED Diagnostic indicators
Unlike most of modern average gamer boards, X299 DARK does NOT feature flashy RGB LEDs. It is styled in a monothonic black and metal gold theme

Sweet
2020/03/17 14:29:20
ZoranC
BadBertie
bob16314

Yup Bob, Jack is about right. It appears to only be "red" or "off", same type led as error leds in that area. Which is a bit deceptive as the manual only states +5v Standby Power - RED: voltage present (Does not mean PSU voltage is outputting in-spec, only that this specific voltage is detected)
A little confusing as an indicator/warning.
Maybe EVGA could have shelled out for green led here, not that this would have been of much use for us Red/Green challenged individuals. 😁

BadBertie
Sorry, in the end a pointless post.
I would only suggest to EVGA a clearer diagram for these minute details on their mobos is probably warranted.

Agreed. When I first saw that LED being red on my mb I wasted hours to find out that's OK.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account