2020/03/27 12:21:23
Onefreudian
Has anyone found that they can't launch the control panel software after they have minimized it when Windows boots?
2020/03/27 15:39:51
Phileosophos
EVGATech_LeeM
Hi Everyone, here's the latest driver for the NU Audio Cards...  [snip!] Let us know what you think, or if you run into any issues.

This driver apparently can't handle logging out and logging back into Windows. I'm using Windows 10 Pro x64 with this latest driver, and the problem is 100% repeatable. Here's how you make it happen:
  1. Log into your Windows account. You'll hear the usual system sounds. Feel free to play music or whatever you like.
  2. Log out of your Windows account by pressing the Start button, clicking the tiny account picture above the power, settings, pictures, and documents mini-icons.
  3. Log back into your Windows account. You won't hear any usual system sounds or anything else you play.
Seems like the drivers still need work. Let me know if I can do anything to help diagnose.
2020/03/30 11:46:41
goofeyfoot
Same here. Jeez!
2020/03/30 11:58:52
goofeyfoot
Thankfully mine is still under the return policy. And as Elvis said return to sender!
2020/03/31 11:29:40
EVGA_Lee
Phileosophos
EVGATech_LeeM
Hi Everyone, here's the latest driver for the NU Audio Cards...  [snip!] Let us know what you think, or if you run into any issues.

This driver apparently can't handle logging out and logging back into Windows. I'm using Windows 10 Pro x64 with this latest driver, and the problem is 100% repeatable. Here's how you make it happen:
  1. Log into your Windows account. You'll hear the usual system sounds. Feel free to play music or whatever you like.
  2. Log out of your Windows account by pressing the Start button, clicking the tiny account picture above the power, settings, pictures, and documents mini-icons.
  3. Log back into your Windows account. You won't hear any usual system sounds or anything else you play.
Seems like the drivers still need work. Let me know if I can do anything to help diagnose.

I can't reproduce this.  After signing out / signing in, I launch foobar2000 and begin playing audio without issue.  Is there some other type of audio or application you're using that I could also test?

Any warning signs in Device Manager?  I'm assuming you've tried to reinstall the driver, correct?

What fixes the no audio for you?  Restarting?

Which Windows build?
2020/03/31 12:31:52
Phileosophos
EVGATech_LeeM
I can't reproduce this.  After signing out / signing in, I launch foobar2000 and begin playing audio without issue.  Is there some other type of audio or application you're using that I could also test?

Any warning signs in Device Manager?  I'm assuming you've tried to reinstall the driver, correct?

What fixes the no audio for you?  Restarting?

Which Windows build?

I'm using the VLC media player for testing, but no other audio applications work either. No warning signs in device manager, everything appears to be working correctly. I have tried reinstalling the driver, yes, it makes no difference. So far, the only thing I've found that fixes the audio issue is restarting. As to Windows version, it's Windows 10 Pro x64 [Version 10.0.18362.720].

I don't know if it helps, but I've also found the same thing happens if I connect to the machine using Remote Desktop. Once I've connected to it via remote desktop, logging in at the machine itself means no audio until I restart. I don't know if that provides another potential problem vector, or if it's the same underlying issue, but I thought I'd report it as well.
2020/03/31 14:00:47
EVGA_Lee
Lastly, what motherboard are you using?
2020/03/31 15:13:55
Phileosophos
EVGATech_LeeM
Lastly, what motherboard are you using?

ASUS ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) ATX Motherboard
2020/04/01 02:36:10
propagating
I'm getting a frustratingly high number of BSOD's resulting from the bundled ASMedia USB 3.0 driver, specifically asmtxhci.sys. I wasn't even able to launch Windows into safe mode without an instant BSOD, so I had to install Windows on a separate drive, redownload the ASMedia driver and copy it over to my existing installation.
2020/04/01 19:35:28
SentryFox
I have reinstalled this driver and nahimic audio software several times and I have some problems.  All audio effects options for input and output are greyed out; no more quick/advanced eq options; in eq options i am not able to select individual frequencies; same problem as above with driver error 0x0001.  The software for this audio card is terrible, it is quite frankly horse sh..!  How long do we have to wait for a fix?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account