2020/03/20 05:20:56
Karimento
peterjel
Getting EVGA Nu audio init error. 0x0001 whenever I boot up. Sound is worse than a onboard motherboard..

Have you tried uninstalling software using 3rd party uninstaller? Try and reboot and reinstall.
2020/03/20 06:20:45
Harry Bratton
I'm still getting the driver didn't install correctly and wants to reinstall, also as usual device manager still shows a conflict. What I want to know is a conflict with what?
2020/03/20 14:17:35
silentknyght
Drivers seem solid.  I still have only one, albeit minor, problem.  With my Antlion microphone plugged in (to the front panel, though that doesn't seem to matter), occasionally I have to go into the Nu Audio interface and toggle the microphone setting from Auto>Front>Back>Auto in order for Discord to again be able to hear/use the mic.  Taking any suggestions on fixes.
2020/03/20 17:46:30
Harry Bratton
I'm afraid I had to take the pro version of the audio card out of my system. I really struggled to figure out what the problem was. Windows would say the driver is not compatible which led me to believe that maybe it was written with a 32 bit compiler instead of a 64 bit one. Being a programmer that would make since but I thought who could make a mistake like that. Then after a lot of evaluation my machine didn't recognize the card. I was short on slots and I plugged one half of the pro version up to the short slot and one in a long slot meant for a video card. My mistake so I'm going to have to get me another motherboard and upgrade to a better processor while I'm at it. I would consider a EVGA motherboard but I've heard some are good and some are not so I will probably go with a Asus with more slots than I have.
2020/03/21 05:18:38
silentknyght
Harry Bratton
I'm afraid I had to take the pro version of the audio card out of my system. I really struggled to figure out what the problem was. Windows would say the driver is not compatible which led me to believe that maybe it was written with a 32 bit compiler instead of a 64 bit one. Being a programmer that would make since but I thought who could make a mistake like that. Then after a lot of evaluation my machine didn't recognize the card. I was short on slots and I plugged one half of the pro version up to the short slot and one in a long slot meant for a video card. My mistake so I'm going to have to get me another motherboard and upgrade to a better processor while I'm at it. I would consider a EVGA motherboard but I've heard some are good and some are not so I will probably go with a Asus with more slots than I have.

Wait what?  You plugged the card into a slot that didn't fit? 
2020/03/21 11:21:25
RadioHorst
So i try the new driver too.

> Deinstallation of driver and tools with the windows function (control panel) + reboot
> Install the driver and reboot.

So now,  no EQ is working ! 

> Quick EQ have NO function. Nothing 

> Advanced EQ have only function from -11 to 0 (also from lowest to middle position). I can´t increase any frequency . Problem is coming back which i have had in 0.2.0.7 too . Post #48 , Point 2
https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2998973

I try again. Deinstall complete and reinstall- same issue !

So guys , which big disappointment. I can´t believe it 

Edit: Upload picture from old previous driver where advanced eq is working and now new driver

Attached Image(s)

2020/03/21 13:28:36
DKSang
The requirement to reboot x 2 after a Windows upgrade is still required. 
2020/03/21 13:48:48
RadioHorst
meanwhile i have rebootet 20 times and test different driver versions and if its really necessary, and i heared never before, no other driver needs this. But anyway if EVGA drivers need 2 times to boot after installation, then they have to intergate in installtion procedure.

Still EQ function is broken since FW v0.32 and unfortenaly its not possible to downgrade.

> Advanced EQ have only function from -11 to 0 (also from lowest to middle position). I can´t increase any frequency . Problem is coming back which i have had in 0.2.0.7 too . Post #48 , Point 2

EDIT: Audio Effects (Suround, REverb, Compressor) have no function too :-(. 
2020/03/21 14:37:04
RadioHorst
- No i deinstall all again
- And additionally i delete all registry deathly / leftover manually.
- reboot
- install driver v0.2.1.10 again
- after reboot i get now like User  "peterjel" the error message 0x0001  and the hint to reinstall the driver again.

Now the funny one is coming. Nu audio starts anyway and sound works.  

But the switch for Quick EQ and advanced EQ is missing. And now... i can move the slider (like i write 2 posts before) between -11 and 0 and the sound is changing. More the 0 is not working.

So looks like there is @ my Computer no difference between broken installation and "normal" installation always the same problem since FW 032 and this driver :-(

Advanced EQ have only function from -11 to 0 (also from lowest to middle position). I can´t increase any frequency . Problem is coming back which i have had in 0.2.0.7 too . Post #48 , Point 2

Attached Image(s)

2020/03/21 15:06:30
RadioHorst
After deinstalling driver again and after reboot,i try again to install v0.2.1.10 .
> no chance . error message  0x0001 still there.

Now without deinstalling driver , i install driver 0.2.1.2 .
> now i am possible to use quick EQ 
> advance EQ same issue (only function from -11 to 0 )

what a crazy driver installing bug. 

I have a second Computer (Win10 64bit) , where never before the Nu Audio was installed. I will try there to install the card. I am curios about it, what will happen ....

Attached Image(s)

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account