2020/03/08 20:49:20
Rarzz
I have the new version 1.03 installed. I'm trying to get it to run with windows, apply the previous setting on load, check for updates at startup and no splash screen. Every time I hit save it crashes. Any tips? I tried updating Windows thinking maybe a .net framework problem and doing one option at a time. Please help.
2020/03/08 21:40:28
bob16314
Standalone and not Steam version, right?

Don't enable "Apply previous settings on load" for now.

Uninstall PX1 through Programs and Features..Then delete the EVGA_Co.,_Ltd folder located in the Users\Username\AppData\Local folder..Those folders are hidden so you need to change the Windows folder view setting to "Show hidden files, folders, and drives"..Then restart your PC and install PX1 again by right-clicking the installer and then Run as administrator.

Right-click on the desktop shortcut..Then Properties..Then check Run this program as an administrator in the Compatibilty tab..Then Apply..Then Change settings for all users and check the same.

See also: How Do I Troubleshoot Precision X1 Issues?

See how it rolls after any of that..If no joy, uninstall and try an older Standalone Version from here at the bottom of the page and see if it works.
2020/03/10 13:45:21
sparetimepc
I tried the newest version 1.03 as well both PC's act the same way as OP, went back to 1..02 all fine again and no issues
2020/03/11 20:38:16
koitsu
Same problem as OP and sparetimepc.  Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1, UAC is disabled (i.e. everything runs as administrator).  Standalone version, not Steam.

Issue for me has absolutely nothing to do with administrator vs. not.  Has nothing to do with .NET frameworks either -- this is not a .NET application, it's a native C/C++ application.

The issue is much more easily reproduced this way.  I hope you're sitting down for how difficult this is to reproduce -- and this is on a fresh install, no previous settings in place, etc.:

1. Launch Precision X1
2. Click Save
3. Click Save again + enjoy the crash

No clue how something this basic could be missed during even the most basic usability or QA run.  Will report back if version 1.02 solves the issue for me.  Edit: version 1.02 works fine.
2020/03/11 22:36:18
koitsu
Wow, I stand corrected on one point: some part of this DOES appear to be a .NET application. Consider me surprised, since I clearly see a VC++ Runtimes distributable binary in the same directory. Guess it's a combination of several pieces.

Anyway, any time 1.03 crashed in the manner I described, I did end up with these two entries in the Event Viewer, in order of most-recent-to-oldest.

I should add up front that I **did not** install the LED-whatever driver/thing during the 1.03 installation (I kept it unchecked). I only mention this because I see mention of "D18LedVM" in the below .NET stack trace:

Faulting application name: PrecisionX_x64.exe, version: 1.0.3.0, time stamp: 0x5e55e9d5
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000007fe8f163426
Faulting process id: 0x137c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5f81f46726731
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\EVGA\Precision X1\PrecisionX_x64.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 88694dc1-6412-11ea-af76-1c1b0d935b95

Application: PrecisionX_x64.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
at PX18.ViewModel.D18LedVM.getProfileIndex(Int32)
at PX18.ViewModel.D18LedVM.deleteProfile(Int32)
at System.EventHandler`1[[System.Int32, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Invoke(System.Object, Int32)
at PX18.ViewModel.ViewManagerBase.OnProfileDelete(Int32)
at PX18.ViewModel.NvApiViewModel.OnSave(System.Object, PX18.Enumeration.ProductFunction)
at System.EventHandler`1[[PX18.Enumeration.ProductFunction, PX18, Version=1.0.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]].Invoke(System.Object, PX18.Enumeration.ProductFunction)
at PX18.ViewModel.ViewManagerBase.OnSave()
at PX18.ViewModel.NvApiViewModel.Save(System.Object)
at MS.Internal.Commands.CommandHelpers.CriticalExecuteCommandSource(System.Windows.Input.ICommandSource, Boolean)
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(System.Delegate, System.Object)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean)
at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, System.Windows.RoutedEvent)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(System.Object, System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(System.Windows.Input.InputEventArgs)
at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(System.Windows.Input.InputReport)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr, System.Windows.Input.InputMode, Int32, System.Windows.Input.RawMouseActions, Int32, Int32, Int32)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr, MS.Internal.Interop.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
at PX18.App.Main()
at PX18.Program.Main()

2020/03/25 21:57:02
deanjwprime
I have the same issue! PX1 crash's when I click on save to a given profile, but I can save to a new profile number that hasn't been used. Same errors in event viewer. 2 Errors one with PrecisionX_x64.exe and the other is .NET
My puter is a new build and a clean install of Win 10 1909 
My EVGA GPU is a 2060 KO Ultra.

Faulting application name: PrecisionX_x64.exe, version: 1.0.3.0, time stamp: 0x5e55e9d5
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00007ffc325e592b
Faulting process id: 0x23f4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d60324cf74536a
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\EVGA\Precision X1\PrecisionX_x64.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: eaa8389a-ce6b-45b1-b43e-d374899187e5
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Application: PrecisionX_x64.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
   at PX18.ViewModel.D18LedVM.getProfileIndex(Int32)
   at PX18.ViewModel.D18LedVM.deleteProfile(Int32)
   at System.EventHandler`1[[System.Int32, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Invoke(System.Object, Int32)
   at PX18.ViewModel.ViewManagerBase.OnProfileDelete(Int32)
   at PX18.ViewModel.NvApiViewModel.ProfileDelete(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.TranslateInput(System.Windows.IInputElement, System.Windows.Input.InputEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseDownThunk(System.Object, System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(System.Windows.Input.InputEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(System.Windows.Input.InputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr, System.Windows.Input.InputMode, Int32, System.Windows.Input.RawMouseActions, Int32, Int32, Int32)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr, MS.Internal.Interop.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
   at PX18.App.Main()
   at PX18.Program.Main()

2020/03/27 21:31:42
davidmoffitt
Mine is doing this too - I can't for the life of me get it to save "Start minimized" - so frustrating :(

FWIW Steam version, the standalone version download goes to a broken link on EVGA's CDN... I'd PREFER standalone but can't even get the darn installer.
2020/03/27 22:05:13
bob16314
davidmoffitt
standalone version download goes to a broken link on EVGA's CDN... I'd PREFER standalone but can't even get the darn installer.

Version 1.0.4.0 (Standalone) from EVGA.
Release: 3/27/2020
• Adds support for additional RTX 2080 SUPER cards
2020/03/27 22:10:56
davidmoffitt
bob16314
Version 1.0.4.0 (Standalone) from EVGA.

Awesome - thanks, the link on their page kept going to a broken CDN link (maybe Chrome was incorrectly caching the bad result after they fixed it). Much appreciated! 
2020/03/27 22:12:14
davidmoffitt
LOL and nope, still crashes on save, UGGGGHHH

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account