2020/03/02 23:51:17
zoglog
Got the CLC 280 2 years ago and have to say I've been quite disappointed with the software. It's only been updated a few times and still doesn't function. I think the last update is well over a year ago. The fan curve is unusable, being locked at 100% at 60C. The LED Sync never worked with my 1080ti properly, and recently the Fans have started failing. 

Used to mainly buy EVGA products but now I'm not sure if I can feel comfortable buying an EVGA product not knowing if they'll support it in the future.

So far I've replaced the failing fans with Noctuas (waaay quieter)
2020/03/03 12:57:29
apsese
zoglog

You might have lost the warranty by doing so

2020/03/03 13:34:02
coolmistry
zoglog
Got the CLC 280 2 years ago and have to say I've been quite disappointed with the software. It's only been updated a few times and still doesn't function. I think the last update is well over a year ago. The fan curve is unusable, being locked at 100% at 60C. The LED Sync never worked with my 1080ti properly, and recently the Fans have started failing. 

Used to mainly buy EVGA products but now I'm not sure if I can feel comfortable buying an EVGA product not knowing if they'll support it in the future.

Hey check out my post here > POST #4 and  Can I disconnect the USB Cable to a CLC Cooler after changing settings?  

2020/03/03 21:50:38
zoglog
coolmistry
zoglog

Hey check out my post here > POST #4 and  Can I disconnect the USB Cable to a CLC Cooler after changing settings?  

Thanks, but it's still silly that you have to go to such workarounds simply for the fan to not spin like mad at 60 deg

apsese
zoglog

You might have lost the warranty by doing so 

Pretty sure it's out of warranty anyway at this point. But that is hilarious too
2020/03/04 07:51:55
the_Scarlet_one
Changing the fans wouldn’t hurt warranty.. throwing the fans away instead holding onto them could be an issue.. stuff them in the box from the cooler until warranty runs out, multiple problems solved.

I can’t speak on the software though, I haven’t had one of these coolers.
2020/03/07 03:21:25
sparetimepc
Yeah i see what your talking about with the fan curve locked, it does seem like that should have been a bit more controllable. 
2020/03/07 10:36:10
Cool GTX
I have a CLC & yes, fan curve goes 100% fan RPM @ 60 C

Changing fans is always a option - if the "sound quality" is an issue.

So is moving the fans - to a different power source that you can control
2020/03/27 15:49:11
tcblack
zoglog
Got the CLC 280 2 years ago and have to say I've been quite disappointed with the software. It's only been updated a few times and still doesn't function. I think the last update is well over a year ago.... 

• 2 Years: Same
  • software disappointment: Same
  • Noctua swap: Same.  
I will say this, that two+ years on it is still working.  Good on the pump, I guess.  But I am a bit bothered by all of the above as well.  I've already determined not to buy another EVGA cooling product because I had to fight so much to get the fans to work as I desired.  Now that it is set up - I dare not touch it lest I lose equilibrium.

2020/03/27 19:25:47
tattude69
It's very disappointing that a good product can be ruined buy horrible software and Cheap fans. Not a product i could recommend after my experience.  
2020/03/28 09:53:13
Hairpin
This is the last Evga product I will buy. Evga hasn't updated their Flow Control software in over a year to fix the inaccurate temp readings on Ryzen 5 series CPUs. When I went to see if there was an update to the software, I was meet with a page telling me that they have "recently updated our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use". The only way to continue to the software download page was to agree to "also accept the processing of my personal data as set out in EVGA's Privacy Policy". So basically me buying their product wasn't enough, they also MUST sell my personal data.   

It's bad enough their software doesn't work, but to also sell my personal info just seems scummy. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account