2020/02/27 12:36:14
atfrico
castrator86
atfrico
Just like Nvidia sales tactics click baiting 😹😹😹

What why?

It has the opposite effect. Anyone considering buying now is gonna hold steady for the 3000 series launch instead.

Waiting does not hurt😼.
2020/02/27 13:25:33
castrator86
atfrico
castrator86
atfrico

What why?

It has the opposite effect. Anyone considering buying now is gonna hold steady for the 3000 series launch instead.

Waiting does not hurt😼.

It does for a company that needs to sell off stock of the 2000 series cards before dropping the price even further to make way for a new line of cards...
2020/02/27 21:26:15
kevinc313
castrator86
atfrico
castrator86
atfrico

What why?

Waiting does not hurt😼.

It does for a company that needs to sell off stock of the 2000 series cards before dropping the price even further to make way for a new line of cards...

Premium 2080 Ti sales have already been hitting, FTW3 hybrid for $1199 on newegg this week and on EVGA a couple weeks ago, Kingpin for $1399 on Newegg today.  But I'd say they'll be able to sell through without having to drop prices much further.
2020/02/28 03:25:36
Miguell
no one wants the uber priced 2000 gen with the new gen in just 6 months.
everyone knew the 3000 gen would be released Summer this year!
X-mas is gonna be fun indeed!
2020/02/28 03:33:12
Hoggle
I personally think it's not a sure thing we will be seeing a release even this year. A few weeks ago I would have kind of expected it but with the virus spreading now I am not sure. Apple announced factories are not going to meet demand for them. On top of that the Olympics might be cancelled in Japan. I am not saying it couldn't be released this year but in a couple weeks if the virus becomes a pandemic I would expect launch delays to happen as people can't make it into work to make the parts.
2020/03/26 14:21:46
yaggaz
kevinc313
Here's the Igor's Lab take on the Ampere release, they say late 3rd quarter.  Very much a moving target.

https://wccftech.com/igors-lab-no-nvidias-ampere-gpus-are-not-launching-in-march/

I imagine now with the shelter in place, production and development is probably going to halt for a few months, pushing it toward the end of the year?
2020/03/26 14:22:11
yaggaz
Hoggle
I personally think it's not a sure thing we will be seeing a release even this year. A few weeks ago I would have kind of expected it but with the virus spreading now I am not sure. Apple announced factories are not going to meet demand for them. On top of that the Olympics might be cancelled in Japan. I am not saying it couldn't be released this year but in a couple weeks if the virus becomes a pandemic I would expect launch delays to happen as people can't make it into work to make the parts.

And if I had of just read the last post lol

2020/03/26 23:01:21
Xavier Zepherious

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080: August 2020 reveal, launch at Computex 2020

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/71467/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-august-2020-reveal-launch-at-computex/index.html

if this is true they beat Navi20 out the door,which has an october release date

they will steal any thunder AMD might have had and make them play catch up

Ampere may have 33TF+ of performance

RTX3090?????

looks like we may have a new line of cards
RTX3090ti as well???

seems that they are gonna differentiate more models - and have different cut downs
seeing that ga102 has nearly 8000cuda cores

really hope this is really fake news but heaven knows with Nvidia

RTX3080TI not king anymore   wonder how much Nvidia gonna gouge us for

also not 10nm but 8nm sanmung(thats refined 10nm++ or +++)

2020/03/27 05:19:54
aka_STEVE_b
If true , seems dumb.  That will be competing with release info on the new consoles , so people will have to debate between the products for Christmas gifts.
2020/03/27 10:16:04
castrator86
boylerya
kevinc313
boylerya
You are both wrong: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-big-navi-gpus-are-fake-sk-hynik-refutes-2tbps-hbm2e-claims
Once again showing how wccftech is the garbage news of the internet that I have stated time and time again yet you guys hold onto their information as gold.  But hey, NVIDIA socks information is fake news and should be removed from the Computer Industry News Section, but yet wccftech is acceptable when ive stated countless times it should not be in this section.  Here we are once again with the obvious.

I could agree to that - ban WCCF articles from this forum.

https://forums.evga.com/AMD-NextGen-Flagship-Navi-Radeon-RX-GPU-Specifications-Leaked-m3034061.aspx
I agree with that guy.

Can we make that a forum policy? Like, just block the phrase or something? The guy literally does not care what he posts, truth or absolutely fake, he just wants that clickbait and ad revenue.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account