FAN 1 : GPU 
FAN 2 :  MEM
FAN 3 : PWR

That was I was told before but here's what I read on HWINFO:

Thanks

Attached Image(s)

2020/02/25 13:55:09
Sajin
Since you own the card just adjust the fan speeds via precision x1 to figure out exactly which fan is which.
2020/02/25 16:07:54
Jiberish001
Sajin
Since you own the card just adjust the fan speeds via precision x1 to figure out exactly which fan is which.

I did exactly that, Sajin, and found that even precision can't make up its mind which should be which. This may not be affecting anyone else, but when I was adjusting fan speeds to determine which was which, precision would take FOREVER to initiate the new setting, and it almost looked like it was cycling through all the fans and adjusting each one at a time. At one point I raised the speed up on "fan 1" and it was clearly the small vrm fan. My case was open and I could clearly hear that little fella going full tilt. But then I tested the others and wasn't seeing/hearing the one I was looking for, so I went back to "fan 1" and now this time I was the radiator fan. It was at this point that I decided to take the radiator fans off of the cards control, because my whole reason for doing all that was to try isolating an issue I was having with the "aggressive" fan curve be too weak and Precision being too unreliable to actually keep even that setting active.

I hope this user has better luck than I did.
2020/02/25 16:14:53
Jiberish001
Another crazy thing about Precision, is that in the custom fan curve tab the individual curves are not even labeled/numbered. On the temperature tab it will say fan 1, 2, 3 etc, but on the tab where you adjust the curves they all just say fan speed with no number. Such a simple thing of properly identifying the fans and having them labeled seems like a pretty big programing oversight.
2020/02/25 16:43:10
Jiberish001
I just had a thought about this and wanted to run it by you.....
Is it possible that whenever Precision loads its fan settings, that it is reassigning the fans each time? Maybe this is done in order, but not necessarily the same order each time?
I remember when I was testing the curves that at times I would hit the default settings button just put the other curves back to default while I tested the next fan. Is it possible that this is what cause the issue I experienced?
2020/02/25 17:35:40
Sajin
Jiberish001
I just had a thought about this and wanted to run it by you.....
Is it possible that whenever Precision loads its fan settings, that it is reassigning the fans each time? Maybe this is done in order, but not necessarily the same order each time?
I remember when I was testing the curves that at times I would hit the default settings button just put the other curves back to default while I tested the next fan. Is it possible that this is what cause the issue I experienced?

Not sure as I don't use precision much myself as it seems to be pretty buggy. I stick to afterburner myself.

2020/02/25 17:45:16
spit051261
The only problem I get with afterburner is the memory only goes up to 1500 unless there is some way to get it higher ?
2020/02/25 18:03:39
Sajin
spit051261
The only problem I get with afterburner is the memory only goes up to 1500 unless there is some way to get it higher ?

Sounds like a job for afterburner extreme, or galax xtreme tuner.
2020/02/25 18:31:30
spit051261
Thanks
2020/02/25 18:32:00
Sajin
No problem.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account