2020/02/22 14:49:15
ZoranC
I have put this kit https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Memory/VENGEANCE-LPX/p/CMK64GX4M2C3000C15 in slots # 2 and 4 of my X299 Dark. CPU is Cascade Lake-X i9-10900X.

Kit’s specs call for 1.35 V DIMM voltage and when I pick XMP profile it sets it at 1.35 V. However, when I reboot and go back into BIOS it seems mb is delivering 1.365 V, not 1.35 it was asked for (see picture).

So:

1. What might be causing this?

2. More importantly, is this normal and OK or it could be causing issues with memory (which I seem to have problems with)?

Attached Image(s)

2020/02/22 14:51:57
Sajin
A little over isn't a problem at all.
2020/02/22 14:58:01
ZoranC
Sajin
A little over isn't a problem at all.

Thank you! Why it would be over though?
2020/02/22 14:59:51
Sajin
It might not be off at all. It could just be the reading is off slightly.
2020/02/22 15:04:21
CraptacularOne
You'd be fine with running even 1.45v daily 24/7 and not have it really impact the useful life of the memory. As for what's causing it, could be a few things, could be voltage overshoot in delivering requested power, could be not a 100% accurate voltage reading (the only true way to get accurate voltage readings is manually with a multi meter) or could just be a rounding error in the bios not reporting correctly. At any rate it's all irrelevant since you're in no danger of harming your memory. 
2020/02/22 15:12:52
ZoranC
Sajin

Good point, thank you again! Is there a way to double check somewhere what is the voltage motherboard is really delivering to DIMMs without grabbing multi meter?
2020/02/22 15:13:45
Sajin
ZoranC
Sajin

Good point, thank you again! Is there a way to double check somewhere what is the voltage motherboard is really delivering to DIMMs without grabbing multi meter?

No problem. No.
2020/02/22 15:15:11
ZoranC
CraptacularOne
You'd be fine with running even 1.45v daily 24/7 and not have it really impact the useful life of the memory. As for what's causing it, could be a few things, could be voltage overshoot in delivering requested power, could be not a 100% accurate voltage reading (the only true way to get accurate voltage readings is manually with a multi meter) or could just be a rounding error in the bios not reporting correctly. At any rate it's all irrelevant since you're in no danger of harming your memory. 

Thank you too! Are you aware of way to double check BIOS' reading, please, without having to use multi meter? Will something like ELeetX, XTU, HWInfo64 ... show it?
2020/02/22 15:58:59
coolmistry
ZoranC
CraptacularOne

Thank you too! Are you aware of way to double check BIOS' reading, please, without having to use multi meter? Will something like ELeetX, XTU, HWInfo64 ... show it?

I got the same as my RAM default is 1.350 when I have enable XMP memory it will increase bit more voltage for XMP at 1.375 which I left Auto! 

Do not worry and all others monitor tools software it read the same voltages!!! 
2020/02/22 16:07:18
ZoranC
coolmistry
ZoranC
CraptacularOne

I got the same as my RAM default is 1.350 when I have enable XMP memory it will increase bit more voltage for XMP at 1.375 which I left Auto! 

Do not worry and all others monitor tools software it read the same voltages!!! 

Thank you! I guess I'm bit jittery about memory cause I've been having nothing but problems trying to use Corsair 32GB sticks in my board.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account