2020/02/20 22:03:46
apav11
Hi everyone,

I am buying a used 1080 Ti that has a little less than a year left on warranty, and I have a question regarding the length for a secondhand owner. It says in the FAQ:
When a secondhand owner registers a product, the shipping date will be used to determine the beginning and end of the warranty period.  Depending upon the original ship date, a proof of purchase may be needed by the secondhand owner.
My question is, why does a secondhand owner's warranty start from the shipping date rather than the original owner's purchase date? If the original owner registered the product EVGA will be able to see the purchase date of the card, so why does the card getting sold to someone else make EVGA go by the shipping date instead? The shipping date could've happened months before the purchase date, which means you could potentially lose months of the warranty that the original buyer had. 

Appreciate anyone helping me understand this, thanks! 
2020/02/20 22:19:49
z999z3mystorys
It might be that accepting the proof of purchase for the original owner has some degree a risk that they don't want to assume on a second hand warranty. (though as it's required from an authorized retailer, I'm not sure how much that might be, could be depending on if they can verify it)

Another possibly is that they want to trim down the second hand warranty as much as they can get away with without people complaining. (though that's a bit more of a devious possibly)
2020/02/21 06:43:10
Cool GTX
published policy - is the answer -- why ? thats a question only EVGA Management can answer

My guess .... traceability & prevent possible claims that are Not based on the facts.  If someone used, cleaned & re-boxed a card - then claimed it was never used ........

Just Contact EVGA CS with the serial number in question ... then EVGA can Clarify how many days of warranty are left
2020/02/21 12:39:17
EVGATech_DanielM
Send us an email with your serial. Support@EVGA.com

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account