2020/02/21 01:07:29
coolmistry

It just happened again and the only 3d processes that were running in the background were:
PrecisionX_64.exe;
PXSW10_64.exe;
PrecisionXServer.exe

They are for EVGA XOC program running...
Can you try close shut down AB and leave running EVGA XOC to check if your clock is down?

2020/02/21 02:56:48
constantinmaco
coolmistry

Can you try close shut down AB and leave running EVGA XOC to check if your clock is down?

Yeah, I'm aware those are related to XOC

I wasn't running msi AB when that happened, I ran it to check which background processes were using the gpu since I can't see that in XOC.
The clocks don't stay at max for long though, they normalize after a minute or so. Thing that worries me is how long they were running at max clock in idle before I checked it. And why would they even run at max clocks while I'm not even stressing the gpu?
2020/02/21 03:01:32
coolmistry
Why not you try better of AB to test for downclock!! Try close PXOC and reset your OC in AB and create new profile to test again?
I use AB for years it gave me less pull my hair lol
2020/02/21 03:07:52
constantinmaco
coolmistry
Why not you try better of AB to test for downclock!! Try close PXOC and reset your OC in AB and create new profile to test again?

I'm afraid I'm a little bit lost. What do you mean exactly? To use msi AB instead of XOC?

2020/02/21 03:09:36
coolmistry
constantinmaco
coolmistry

I'm afraid I'm a little bit lost. What do you mean exactly? To use msi AB instead of XOC?

Sorry I mean yes you can try test AB and lay off PXOC for while to test for downclock!! 
Before use AB make sure you try reset your Overclock in AB and try again set up overclock and save into your profile so try test for downclock..

2020/02/21 03:11:03
HeavyHemi
constantinmaco
coolmistry

Yeah, I'm aware those are related to XOC

I wasn't running msi AB when that happened, I ran it to check which background processes were using the gpu since I can't see that in XOC.
The clocks don't stay at max for long though, they normalize after a minute or so. Thing that worries me is how long they were running at max clock in idle before I checked it. And why would they even run at max clocks while I'm not even stressing the gpu?

If your clocks are going to idle I wouldn't worry about it. Secondarily, with either Precision or AB you can check the hardware monitor for exactly how long it stays in each clock state.
It is perfectly normal for the clocks to bounce around on the desktop when browsing.
2020/02/21 03:17:36
constantinmaco
coolmistry

Sorry I mean yes you can try test AB and lay off PXOC for while to test for downclock!! 
Before use AB make sure you try reset your Overclock in AB and try again set up overclock and save into your profile so try test for downclock..

I'll try that

HeavyHemi

If your clocks are going to idle I wouldn't worry about it. Secondarily, with either Precision or AB you can check the hardware monitor for exactly how long it stays in each clock state.
It is perfectly normal for the clocks to bounce around on the desktop when browsing.

That's good advice, I'll check for how long it stays in max clock in idle.

The thing that worries me is that once it reached 34°C (while usually it stays between 22-23°C) so while I'm aware 34°C is nothing to worry about it's still weird, it's a pretty massive increase,  and it tilts me a little to be quite honest.

2020/02/21 03:22:31
coolmistry
Have a go test with AB and what the result after 
Whoa your gpu temp is very good. 
I sure I agreed HeavyHemi was saying about Idle is normal! Sometime when we use browse internet it will rise the clock a little not full max clock it will rise warm up so I wouldn't worry about this!!!
2020/02/21 03:49:08
constantinmaco
Ok, I think I found why this is happening. It's stupid, really really stupid.
I have a firefox youtube extension and one option that I ticked when I installed it was  "set max quality automatically" and I didn't notice it until now. I'd say this is pretty normal behaviour when watching 4k videos on youtube, isn't it? (clocks don't max out for the whole duration of the video, just spike around)
As for the clocks spiking when I'm not even using firefox they do for about 2 seconds, which again I guess it's normal?
The main reason why I was worried is because when I do play some older games clock/memory don't max out, so yeah, that's about it.

I apologize for wasting everyone's time.
2020/02/21 03:55:36
coolmistry
No need to worry and glad you have found the problem!!! 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account