2020/02/18 15:03:57
chrisdglong
I installed the LED Sync app to modify the LED's of my 1080Ti post boot, but the lights still turn on pre-boot. How do I turn the LED's off pre-boot? It seems to remember my red LED settings, that I set in the LED Sync app, but not that I turned off the LED's altogether. God help us all if we HAVE to install that piece of garbage precision to do this...
2020/02/18 16:50:11
Sajin
You can't turn them off in pre-boot unless they are physically disconnected.
2020/02/18 18:42:17
chrisdglong
Sajin
You can't turn them off in pre-boot unless they are physically disconnected.
You can't turn them off, but you can change colors? That's goofy. I actually think I got it... By installing Precision...
2020/02/18 19:10:30
chrisdglong
Alright, so now all the lights are off before boot, EXCEPT the EVGA logo on top... How funny. If I just restart they are all off. If I am in Windows, they are all off. If I cold boot, it is random which ones will be on or off...
2020/02/20 14:15:53
HeavyHemi
chrisdglong
Alright, so now all the lights are off before boot, EXCEPT the EVGA logo on top... How funny. If I just restart they are all off. If I am in Windows, they are all off. If I cold boot, it is random which ones will be on or off...

Depends upon the model of the GPU and the MCU or lack of on the GPU. On OEM models, the driver controls the LED brightness and they are on at boot. On GPU's with MCU's controlled by EVGA software, you can have all sort of different things happen during initialization...random.
2020/02/20 15:04:26
chrisdglong
The card is a GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING.
2020/02/20 15:53:39
HeavyHemi
chrisdglong

I know, which is why I gave you the answer I did. If you had an OEM or Founders model, you would not have this issue. As your GPU has MCUs that can be programmed, the behavior is different and unpredictable at boot. This issue has been discussed on many threads.
2020/02/20 19:13:32
chrisdglong
HeavyHemi
chrisdglong

I know, which is why I gave you the answer I did. If you had an OEM or Founders model, you would not have this issue. As your GPU has MCUs that can be programmed, the behavior is different and unpredictable at boot. This issue has been discussed on many threads.

Ah, too bad. Sounds like I am SOL.

EDIT: Weird thing is that my custom Asus 2080Ti can do this. I can just select to turn the lights off in the Aura software and they are off even post boot... Not sure why EVGA can't do this?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account