2020/02/17 21:45:57
xrav22
Hard to believe it is this screwed up still it is flashing and disappearing in my tray.
2020/02/18 02:51:30
the_Scarlet_one
Please give details. You posted in precision X1 sub thread, so I am assuming you may have been updating the firmware on your card?

Which card is this, and do you have another GPU by any chance?
2020/02/18 07:44:43
Sajin
I think he is talking about x1 messing up in the system tray. It's been reported before.
2020/02/18 08:38:25
Cool GTX
Works fine on my PC with dual EVGA 2080 Ti

Though this looks more like Venting ... than asking for help

If OP wants help they should list the basics [Hardware + OS details] & what they have already tried

If it is the rig in their signature .. why not just say so
2020/02/19 01:20:44
bob16314
I can say with near certainty that it's not something wrong with Precision X1, and that it is something like a conflicting program/app/driver/etc., or something with Windows itself.

If you haven't yet, you should Perform a Clean Boot and see if the problem still occurs.

If it's fixed, then run msconfig again and begin enabling Services until you hit on what's doing it..Enabling Services in groups of 5 will save you some time, rather than enabling them individually and restarting..If it's something in the group of 5, then begin narrowing it down from there.

If still no joy, begin disabling Windows Services that are Running..Click Status at the top of Services to group Running (or Stopped) Services together..Then begin disabling in the same manner and see if you hit on something there.

It might be something just wonky with Windows and you can Create a New Partition (or another drive) to install a fresh copy of Windows on (if you have the required free drive space) without affecting your current install..Then see if it's fixed.

It all might seem intimidating or complicated if you've never done advanced troubleshooting like that, but it's pretty easy peasy although somewhat time consuming.

See also: How to Refresh Windows 10 (the final solution)

Good luck with it.
2020/02/19 09:18:14
Sajin
Wonder if the op has this problem with msi afterburner too?
2020/02/19 10:33:46
the_Scarlet_one
Only time the OP will tell.
2020/02/19 11:30:02
sparetimepc
I have absolutely no problems with px1 at all, it has been flawless for me for months now. 2x Kingpins in SLI.
2020/02/19 11:45:28
Cool GTX
bob16314
I can say with near certainty that it's not something wrong with Precision X1, and that it is something like a conflicting program/app/driver/etc., or something with Windows itself.

If you haven't yet, you should Perform a Clean Boot and see if the problem still occurs.

If it's fixed, then run msconfig again and begin enabling Services until you hit on what's doing it..Enabling Services in groups of 5 will save you some time, rather than enabling them individually and restarting..If it's something in the group of 5, then begin narrowing it down from there.

If still no joy, begin disabling Windows Services that are Running..Click Status at the top of Services to group Running (or Stopped) Services together..Then begin disabling in the same manner and see if you hit on something there.

It might be something just wonky with Windows and you can Create a New Partition (or another drive) to install a fresh copy of Windows on (if you have the required free drive space) without affecting your current install..Then see if it's fixed.

It all might seem intimidating or complicated if you've never done advanced troubleshooting like that, but it's pretty easy peasy although somewhat time consuming.

See also: How to Refresh Windows 10 (the final solution)

Good luck with it.

Need to ensure that you are running Precision X1 as an administrator

Update Visual C++ Runtime Redistributable

Depending on your Windows setup:  (I had to do this)  "Allow an App through Controlled folder access"

Also --> check the: "Recently blocked apps" ---> if you noticed a Security pop-up during the Software's install

When installing ... expect several security alerts to be generated in Windows 10 ... "blocked program" ... you need to: check "Windows Security"

Protecting your data with Controlled folder access

Handy step by step how to:   Add or Remove Allowed Apps for Controlled Folder Access

2020/02/19 12:32:56
Hoggle
We shouldn't say it's nothing wrong with X1 what we should be focused on is getting system specs and making sure windows is updated for him. While something can be rock solid for others it just takes that one random hardware setup for a program to crash when it's solid for others. At that point a company can blame the other hardware company for a driver issue or they can try to work around it and see if it can be fixed on their end.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account