2020/02/14 21:20:26
seventhirtyfour
Super new to the PC world and just built my first one.  Trying to figure out of the EVGA GeForce 2080 super has G-sync and how to turn it on.  Or, does only the NVIDIA GeForce have it?  Are these the same thing?  My monitor is G-sync compatible.  Apologies in advance for the likely very dumb questions.  I currently have GeForce experience downloaded, also NVIDIA control panel (however it says 'you are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU').  If someone can help set me straight that would be amazing.
2020/02/15 02:06:33
sparetimepc
Make sure your video cable is attached on the back of the computer on your video card and not your internal graphics from the cpu, then open nvidia control panel and go to the gsync option and enable it. Also what type of cable connection are you using ? HDMI cable has limited functionality on certain refresh rates and display port cable will work with all refresh rates. If everything is connected properly and your not even seeing the setting in nvidia control panel for gsync you should probably uninstall your drivers with DDU uninstaller and then reinstall the newest drivers from nvidia.  Also make sure you have gone into your monitor menu itself and make sure if there is an option to enable or disable gsync within the monitor itself. Some do and some don't. 

Attached Image(s)

2020/02/15 02:37:59
Hoggle
What is the model of monitor you have and what type of cable are you using to attach the video card to the monitor? Some monitors will require use of Displaylink cable to use G-Sync. What is known for sure is the 2080 Super is 100% a G-sync compatible graphics card.
2020/02/15 07:07:51
seventhirtyfour
Thank you SO much for the responses.  Had my display port cable plugged into internal graphics and now is plugged into GPU -- all good.  Appreciate the patience....still getting the hang of this.
2020/02/15 08:09:05
sparetimepc
Good, glad it was a simple fix for you then !!!  
2020/02/15 08:29:56
bob16314
seventhirtyfour
Had my display port cable plugged into internal graphics and now is plugged into GPU -- all good.  

I would just hate if that ever happened to me..But it's those little basic things that can get ya, happens to the best of us.

Welcome to the forums by the way..Be sure to read the Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members if you haven't yet, lots of good info there for you.
2020/02/15 13:07:10
Cool GTX
Welcome to the EVGA Forums

don't be a stranger ... plenty or good information & helpful members

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account