2020/02/11 21:45:02
ringerthrawn
I have one and love it.  I use it with an I9-7920.  Should I buy a second and SLI?  Is the newer SLI bridge (hard connector for $89 versus the flimsy tab looking version) worth it?  I don’t remember that coming in the box with mine.
2020/02/11 22:20:38
Sajin
Only worth it if the games you're playing support sli. 20 series gpus only use a hard style sli bridge.
2020/02/12 07:48:43
CraptacularOne
As a user of SLI I can tell you it isn’t really worth the cost of adding another $700+ video card. SLI support in games is a far cry of what it used to be. In the handful of games that do support it the scaling in performance is very poor to boot. You’re often seeing less than a 30-40% gain in performance for your additional $700+ spent for another GPU. 

Don‘t get me wrong, I do really like the idea of SLI and what it brings and I’ve tried multiple GPUs in virtually every generation of GPUs since Nvidia purchased the tech from 3DFx back when SLI stood for “Scan Line Interleave”. However it has clearly fallen out of favor with developers and more often than not support for the tech is left on the cutting room floor These days. 
2020/02/12 08:20:39
Cool GTX
old style SLI bridges are not - Physically compatible - with RTX NVLink
2020/02/12 10:49:26
AHowes
Only do if you dont care about supporting games and want to hunt for work arounds to get it to work.. and also with the added heat of the 2nd card cooking the first one.. you'll need/want to go water cooling adding a huge expense if you dont already have a custom water loop in place.. think a few massive rads and 2 gpu blocks.

And with the next GPU to be released prob/guessing this summer early fall. All that would be a huge waste of money.

Also I was a sli user since 3dfx till the 1080ti. Sometimes 4 cards with the 480 and 580 and 7790?..

Really only do if you have a high end 4k 120+hz monitor and the main game you play will support sli.

My advice is to just grab the fastest card you can and use all the extra cash upgrading the rest of the rig.. best place.. new monitor.
2020/02/15 08:31:00
scott@bjorn3d
I played with SLI even on 1080TI's and the support is really dropping and in allot of times causes more headaches than it is worth.  I run multi gpu's per computer but that is only for folding at home and handing off physx to second GPU.
2020/02/15 11:09:31
daddyd302
If you do alot of games that support SLI, it makes sense. If you don't play games that support SLI, it can hamper your FPS in some games. I used to SLI alot from the 670 to the 1080ti but now I'm just settling in on one card. It's your money, do as you like since you're the one spending it. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account