2020/02/06 16:54:48
carlosedt
Hey guys I have been playing The Division 2 but I wanted to try the game at 4K resolution and I noticed some weird artifacts happening on some scenes, but there is one spot that is always showing like that so is the perfect example to show you guys.

I would like to know if this is a driver issue or is the GPU failing.

Specs:
Ryzen 9 3900x
evga rtx 2070 (I tried latest driver and older ones like 441.41)
asus crosshair vii hero x470
ram 16gb g skill flare x
psu corsair rm650x
ssd samsung pro 970
windows 10 latest updates

video about the issue:

https://youtu.be/q9n9i2ujwtg
2020/02/06 17:18:11
CraptacularOne
That is a game engine or driver issue. That isn't artifacting. 
2020/02/06 17:40:26
carlosedt
Thanks for the reply CraptacularOne I reported it on nvidia forums too, since it's happening on latest drivers as well
2020/02/06 17:58:07
Sajin
CraptacularOne
That is a game engine or driver issue. That isn't artifacting. 

+1
2020/02/08 11:06:38
carlosedt
I was playing The Division 2 again and I discovered this too, is happening a lot lately, are you guys sure is just a driver/game issue?

https://youtu.be/GZGrAudaZdU
2020/02/08 12:27:27
Sajin
Yep.
2020/02/08 21:40:52
CraptacularOne
carlosedt
I was playing The Division 2 again and I discovered this too, is happening a lot lately, are you guys sure is just a driver/game issue?

https://youtu.be/GZGrAudaZdU

That is definitely not artifacting. That is some sort of game engine issue. If the card was artifacting it would exhibit issue in both windowed and full screen. Furthermore artifacting is usually manifested visually on screen over the whole screen. Not only in the shaded areas or in perfect outline of your character. You need to contact the developer and tell them to fix their game.
2020/02/10 17:30:00
carlosedt
Well it's a relieve for me tbh, thanks guys!.
2020/02/10 20:42:46
HeavyHemi
carlosedt

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that. I've not heard of anyone else exhibiting those artifacts (yes folks those are artifacts, they can be hardware or software or firmware caused) you are seeing on screen. I play this game quite a bit and it has its issues, but that, is not one of them.
Have you changed any settings in the Nvidia Control Panel? 
A hint here might be that you are apparently only seeing this at 4K. Is that accurate or do you see it at all resolutions?  How are you connected to your display? What type of display do you have? 

2020/02/10 22:15:55
CraptacularOne
HeavyHemi
carlosedt

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that. I've not heard of anyone else exhibiting those artifacts (yes folks those are artifacts, they can be hardware or software or firmware caused) you are seeing on screen. I play this game quite a bit and it has its issues, but that, is not one of them.
Have you changed any settings in the Nvidia Control Panel? 
A hint here might be that you are apparently only seeing this at 4K. Is that accurate or do you see it at all resolutions?  How are you connected to your display? What type of display do you have? 

Those are 100% NOT GPU artifacts. I have the game it has happened before on 2 of my PCs with some patches to the game and various driver revisions not working well with the game. I'd be willing to guarantee you he has no issues with other games or titles he plays. It's a issue with Division 2 itself. It's some kind of resolution scaling bug with the game with changing resolutions or going from full screen to windowed. It's game engine issue. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account