2020/02/02 04:58:33
spit051261
Out of curiosity, how hot was his card getting to melt thermal paste?
I have had my CPU up to 100C and never saw that.
2020/02/02 05:43:33
the_Scarlet_one
spit051261
Out of curiosity, how hot was his card getting to melt thermal paste?
I have had my CPU up to 100C and never saw that.

It wasn’t thermal paste. Your last reply was also to the OP.

Thermal pads “sweat” when the termparture changes, and release a small amount of oil. Over time, small amounts look like large amounts.

Your cpu isn’t using thermal pads, it’s using thermal paste. While it will sweat just a tiny bit, it is nowhere near they same as what thermal pads will do.

Thermal pads are used on the VRM and memory around the core, where as thermal paste is used on the die of a GPU and the IHS of a CPU. Thermal paste doesn’t “melt” Under any circumstances you will ever see, but it will become more pliable and flow easier.
2020/02/02 13:15:15
spit051261
Thanks
Clears that up.
I'll check my card when I get home .
2020/02/05 11:36:08
clone
It's fine mate I had the same thing on both my 470s and asked eu support and was told it's OK they know about the pads doing this.
2020/02/05 15:03:49
GTXJackBauer
I currently have the same thing.  No big deal.  Could be cleaned as stated.  I just leave mine alone.
2020/02/05 22:10:56
yaggaz
ty_ger07
How many thousands of times does this same question need to be asked over and over again until the former question is viewed by the next person about to ask the question?

I've never understood people like you who get bent out of shape by repeat questions.  Can't you just, ignore it and move on?  Do these repeat posts manifest as ghosts and come to your house in the middle of the night and make spooky noises?
2020/02/13 02:26:40
clone
Had that same problem with both my 470s and contacted evga eu with pictures and they said it's fine and the warranty will still stand.
2020/02/13 03:13:11
DeadlyMercury
Well, I was thinking "thx god I don't have such mess!" - until last weekend cleaned my PC from dust and yep, saw this oily marks too :)
They are gross, but it seems they just stay on backplate. My card is mounted vertically so I was afraid that some of this oil dripped right into my PSU - but there is no oily marks at all and this oil seems to be non conductive. Well, it should be or how is my gpu still alive :)

Still gross, don't like it at all. Do not recommend touch it with your fingers. Ew. 0/10.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account