• Software
  • NVIDIA Control Panel settings walk through.
2020/01/31 17:58:40
TwoEvilOne
https://youtu.be/jZrnfWpENTo
Nvidia Conrol panel settings walk through. I think increasing my digital vibrance from 50% to 80% made a hugh improvement. May want to start at the 3:49 mark ( he is pretty windy....)
Ive noticed i have to redo these settings after a hard GPU crash/blue screen. Like trying to push mem to 1600 in game play, equals BLUE SCREEN Fail.

2020/01/31 19:29:55
XrayMan

Moved to General Software.
2020/01/31 19:50:35
TwoEvilOne
XrayMan

Moved to General Software.

Thanks

2020/02/04 04:57:40
aka_STEVE_b
I always have my digital vibrance set to  ~ 85%
Makes it so much more colorfull
2020/02/04 13:48:58
TwoEvilOne
aka_STEVE_b
I always have my digital vibrance set to  ~ 85%
Makes it so much more colorfull

2020/02/17 10:34:17
cabbage
very nice. been wanting to optimize this for a while. thank you
2020/02/18 07:19:11
Sajin
There are very few settings you should be adjusting in the nvidia control panel. Everything should be left stock for the most part.
2020/02/18 08:52:58
EyeDeeNo
Just thinking about the changing of the digital vibrance, do you guys calibrate yourself to or apply the ICC profile for your monitors? Because changing of the digital vibrance would throw everything out the window if you do.

There are only a couple things I do mess with. Such as the games that use MSAA I apply Multi-Frame Sample AA to them. Of course I use NVIDIA's color settings for both DisplayPort and HDMI to get Full dynamic range also for the TV I set it to 12 bit color depth. Addition to that with the last update set Max Frame Rate under Global Settings. Dot Dot Period
2020/03/07 17:21:28
chrisdglong
EyeDeeNo
Just thinking about the changing of the digital vibrance, do you guys calibrate yourself to or apply the ICC profile for your monitors? Because changing of the digital vibrance would throw everything out the window if you do.

There are only a couple things I do mess with. Such as the games that use MSAA I apply Multi-Frame Sample AA to them. Of course I use NVIDIA's color settings for both DisplayPort and HDMI to get Full dynamic range also for the TV I set it to 12 bit color depth. Addition to that with the last update set Max Frame Rate under Global Settings. Dot Dot Period

If you are wanting color accuracy and calibrate with a tool (such as Spyder or any of the other ones) then you are not going to want to touch the digital vibrance setting. However, I do calibrate my monitor (create different profiles) for different gamma levels. I have 1.6, 1.8, 2.0 and 2.2 color profiles. This way I can change it to preference in certain games. When I play FPS games I usually use the 2.0 profile or less.

As for changing Nvidia settings, it depends on what you are looking for. I do use the ultra low latency mode because it lowers input lag, which I prefer. I also get rid of Gysnc for the same reason, to lower input lag. I have been experimenting with image sharpening... I don't believe that you should never really change settings in the Nvidia control panel, but you should know what you are doing.
2020/03/08 09:39:21
EyeDeeNo
chrisdglong
If you are wanting color accuracy and calibrate with a tool (such as Spyder or any of the other ones) then you are not going to want to touch the digital vibrance setting. However, I do calibrate my monitor (create different profiles) for different gamma levels. I have 1.6, 1.8, 2.0 and 2.2 color profiles. This way I can change it to preference in certain games. When I play FPS games I usually use the 2.0 profile or less.

As for changing Nvidia settings, it depends on what you are looking for. I do use the ultra low latency mode because it lowers input lag, which I prefer. I also get rid of Gysnc for the same reason, to lower input lag. I have been experimenting with image sharpening... I don't believe that you should never really change settings in the Nvidia control panel, but you should know what you are doing.

I use the ICC profile provided by monitor manufacture. I use the monitor for a number of applications not just gaming but even though when I play a game I want it as close to developers intentions. It is nice to see many levels of black also many levels within colors.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account