2020/01/28 01:59:32
ssavchev
Hi everyone!
Bought an EVGA RTX2070 Card from amazon.co.uk on 8 December 2019. Even it was advertised that I'll get 4 years of warranty up to date it is showing still 3 so I've decided today to purchase an extended warranty of 5 years - but PayPal refuses to finalize payment with the statement that I need to add another card (Have already 4 cards registered in PayPal).
Anyone with similar issue or and advise how to solve it?
2020/01/28 04:07:06
a213m
This is an issue you will have to resolve with Paypal and your CC issuer, EVGA can't do anything for you.
2020/01/28 04:23:47
ssavchev
Many thanks for this suggestion!
I doubt the issue is with my 4 cards which are registered with 4 different Banks in 3 different countries, on top of that I am using them with PayPal and last successful payment was made to another merchant just 10 minutes ago.
Maybe the issue is somewhere with EVGA gateway to PayPal, but I will check again... 
Update: yes checked with UK PayPal account and it is not working also - now the error is different with processing timeout...
Will try in few days again... 
2020/01/28 09:00:06
ohubbard
I spoke to customer support. I had the same problem.
Apparently only cards linked to your bank account are accepted. I have a credit card on my paypal account and I get the same problem when trying to purchase an extended warranty - a message that I need to add another card.

I am baffled that EVGA

a) Only accept Paypal
b) Insist on a card linked to a bank account

I have used Paypal a LOT and never come accross this issue before.
2020/01/28 09:15:16
Cool GTX
https://www.evga.com/legal/store/

EVGA EU only accepts payments through PayPal.

EVGA does not accept the use of international- and prepaid credit cards linked to Paypal.

EVGA recommends avoiding the use of prepaid credit cards and gift cards when placing an order at EVGA.com

If your shipping address does not match your credit card or other billing address EVGA reserves the right to verify the order and EVGA’s standard shipping and order process times may not apply.

The price on our Online Store are including 21% VAT as our warehouse is located in The Netherlands. We will use your shipping address when calculating the VAT on your purchase. Residents outside of the EU, but in countries to where we deliver, will be invoiced without VAT.

Ouch 21% VAT in EU
2020/01/28 09:20:18
EVGATech_AdamB
Hello ssavchev! I looked up your account information and fixed the error with the +1 year of warranty. Your "My Products" page should show as having 4 years of warranty on the graphics card now. 
2020/01/28 11:14:16
ssavchev
Many thanks guys for the help! 
@ohubbard will check your solution and will report back!
@EVGATech_AdamB thanks for your prompt support for fixing my warranty to 4 years now!
2020/01/31 19:58:27
XrayMan

2021/01/11 08:56:07
jamesp2610
Upload the funds to your PayPal Ballance and it will work

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account