2020/02/03 08:39:13
SubL0ck
TS sounded weird with this new driver.
Installing it w/o Hahimic EQ fixed the problem.
2020/02/03 13:51:00
AnunnakiVimana
After extensive testing of 2.1.7 drivers I have to admit that Teamspeak 3 is not fixed yet.
Sound output is quite strange, like people are talking with some kind of flanger effect(?) - (if this makes any sense, I don't know how to describe it)
while the volume varies audibly a bit. And when someone plays a music clip, the volume is constantly switching every two or so seconds
between nearly muted to normal level. For the time beeing, I revert back again to 2.0.7.
2020/02/03 14:18:57
EVGA_Lee
Thanks for the feedback.

NyanPeko
Occurs when using audio effects with Nahimic software installed.
It does not occur if not used.

By the way, where can I get the Nahimic SDK?
How is it different from Nahimic software?

Eh, our engineering team calls it the Nahimic SDK and I try to simplify it to the Nahimic software for our forums.  Semantics.  I do have a download link to the SDK/software itself, but I believe it's the older version, unfortunately.

AnunnakiVimana
After extensive testing of 2.1.7 drivers I have to admit that Teamspeak 3 is not fixed yet.
Sound output is quite strange, like people are talking with some kind of flanger effect(?) - (if this makes any sense, I don't know how to describe it)
while the volume varies audibly a bit. And when someone plays a music clip, the volume is constantly switching every two or so seconds
between nearly muted to normal level. For the time beeing, I revert back again to 2.0.7.

With regards to the volume changing, do you have any volume controls assigned to the mouse wheel or any other sort of wheel on the mouse or keyboard?
2020/02/03 14:50:32
SubL0ck
AnunnakiVimana

Does this happen with Nahimic not installed?
I've had the same issue, but i think the driver only w/o Nahimic fixed it for me.

2020/02/04 09:49:44
EVGA_Lee
Veratu
This driver still has the wake from sleep bugs.  When waking up, the card doesn't even show up as a device in the system and the system defaults to another sound option.  Only solution is to reboot the computer.

LCaldas
I got this problem yesterday.
So I switch 24/96 to 16/44 and back to 24/96
Its work to me.
No reboot was necessary.

Can you guys try this updated driver from ASMedia to see if it helps? 
https://cdn.evga.com/nuaudiocard/ASMUSBHost_V116591WHQL.zip

We're wondering if LCaldas' issue is related to a specific platform or condition, so we're checking more into that.

2020/02/05 11:41:17
silentknyght
Why do we install a USB driver for this audio card?  Also, I lost all use of my USB keyboard when I uninstalled all of the EVGA drivers / software (but, the keyboard came back when I unplugged it and plugged it back in).

Anyhow, I uninstalled the drivers, rebooted, and reinstalled without Nahimic.  We'll see what happens.

EDIT: Installing without Nahimic doesn't fix the problem.  Discord continues to lose the microphone until I toggle the Front/Back/Auto selector in the software.  It may also lose all spoken audio, too, but I'll have to perform more testing.
EDIT 2: Installed the different USB driver.  Will test and report back.
2020/02/06 14:49:43
AnunnakiVimana
AnunnakiVimana

EVGATech_LeeM
With regards to the volume changing, do you have any volume controls assigned to the mouse wheel or any other sort of wheel on the mouse or keyboard?

No, I don't have assigned any volume controls or similar to the mouse. Onboard sound is disabled. Music playback in Youtube, VLC, Windows is fine though.
Discord also works fine so far. Could this be an AMD related thing? Would be interesting to know if someone else is facing this Teamspeak 3 issue on an Intel Platform.

SubL0ck
Does this happen with Nahimic not installed?
I've had the same issue, but i think the driver only w/o Nahimic fixed it for me.

Did not test it as I like to keep surround sound for gaming, but makes sense because if you kill the EVGA Nahimic 64-bit process in task manager, Teamspeak 3 will work.
2020/02/06 15:10:03
EVGA_Lee
silentknyght
Why do we install a USB driver for this audio card?  Also, I lost all use of my USB keyboard when I uninstalled all of the EVGA drivers / software (but, the keyboard came back when I unplugged it and plugged it back in).

Anyhow, I uninstalled the drivers, rebooted, and reinstalled without Nahimic.  We'll see what happens.

The audio card uses an ASMedia PCIe to USB bridge chip.  Normally, the default driver embedded in Windows is sufficient.
2020/02/07 08:57:39
Veratu
EVGATech_LeeM
Veratu
This driver still has the wake from sleep bugs.  When waking up, the card doesn't even show up as a device in the system and the system defaults to another sound option.  Only solution is to reboot the computer.

LCaldas
I got this problem yesterday.
So I switch 24/96 to 16/44 and back to 24/96
Its work to me.
No reboot was necessary.

Can you guys try this updated driver from ASMedia to see if it helps? 
https://cdn.evga.com/nuaudiocard/ASMUSBHost_V116591WHQL.zip

We're wondering if LCaldas' issue is related to a specific platform or condition, so we're checking more into that.

Since installing this USB update driver, I haven't had the wake from sleep problem, going on 3 days now... so maybe this fixed it, I'll report back if the sleep issue returns but so far so good.
2020/02/07 10:49:28
TomSawyer2112
Great to see Nahimic being optional... just upgraded from 2.1.6 (which was very stable for me) to 2.1.7 and no issues so far.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account