2020/01/21 23:33:25
rjohnson11
https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/daybreak-splits-off-into-three-new-studios/

Daybreak Games will now be split into Dimensional Ink Games, Darkpaw Games and Rogue Planet Games, with each studio splitting off and recruiting new talent. The hope is that each studio will take control over one of Daybreak’s franchises. Each studio also aims to create its own unique identity and build up new communities.

Dimensional Ink Games will be based in Texas, with Jack Emmert continuing to lead. Up to this point, Daybreak’s Austin, Texas based offices have been in charge of DC Universe Online but will begin developing a new MMO project this year.

Darkpaw Games is based in San Diego and will take charge of EverQuest, continuing to support the older games while developing the “next innovation” for the series. Finally, Rogue Planet Games will also be based in San Diego and will be put in charge of PlanetSide while also working on a brand new IP.

No specific announcements have been made yet for new games but perhaps we’ll hear more later in the year.

This split up is rather confusing to me but I assume the reason behind it is to properly focus on each separate franchise. 
2020/01/22 11:15:59
Cool GTX
Strange action for such a small firm ... but as a private company we will have to wait & see if this makes them stronger
2020/02/20 15:47:58
Delgada89
They keep doing this instead of working on games. Lol.
2020/02/21 11:55:32
cneuhauser
Planet Side took a divisive turn in the wrong direction... so maybe this is a sign of good things to come.

Would be nice to see EverQuest put out a new game with updated... well... everything.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account