2020/01/21 12:33:55
sparetimepc
nova496
Thanks sparetimepc, question can you take a side picture of the block ebay has a KPE waterblock but it went to 800 real quick. And I cant see spending 800 on a block

Here are some images of the block/card together, i have not yet installed it in the pc.   

2020/01/21 12:36:40
AHowes
The only thing that gives me pause on this newer block is the plexy glass threads for the barbs. Those always chip when you remove the barbs. So in my mind this would be a one time mount. No resale.

It's hard not to overtighten the barbs that doing so will chip the threads thet may cause of leak.
2020/01/21 12:39:26
sparetimepc
AHowes
Any final installed pics? Does it have full leds installed on the block? Thsts the one thing I miss over the 2080ti ftw3 block. :/

It comes with an RBW strip installed on it, also comes with an RBW-RGB adapt cable with it.  I ordered one block from Amazon and it had no options for the lighting, i also ordered one from ebay that had the options to buy different length light strips in either RBW or RGB and either 5 or 12V as well. 
2020/01/21 12:43:26
sparetimepc
AHowes
The only thing that gives me pause on this newer block is the plexy glass threads for the barbs. Those always chip when you remove the barbs. So in my mind this would be a one time mount. No resale.

It's hard not to overtighten the barbs that doing so will chip the threads thet may cause of leak.

I have never had an issue with the plexi chipping from the hose ports after several uses.  The only block i ever bought with chipped/broken plexi was on the hydro copper for the kingpin, as did many people the dreaded oled screen chip !!!   UGHHHHHH
2020/01/21 12:50:17
AHowes
I'd had it happen on many ek blocks in the past. Wont buy clear threads anymore cause of it if I can help it.

Ok so the one from Amazon dont have lighting and the one on ebay does?
2020/01/21 12:56:47
sparetimepc
AHowes
I'd had it happen on many ek blocks in the past. Wont buy clear threads anymore cause of it if I can help it.

Ok so the one from Amazon dont have lighting and the one on ebay does?

EKWB is what i have always used before as well, you need to quit over tightening them mr muscle.   The one from amazon has the 5V RBW strip on it, and i think the one from ebay does as well but the one on ebay had other lighting options as well.   https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bykski-N-EV2080TIKP-X-GPU-Block-for-EVGA-RTX2080Ti-KINGPIN/113984112395?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
2020/01/21 13:46:05
Mcwrah
Looking good, in the end I too had to use a dremel because I needed around 2-2.5mm clearance and well... my hands would fall off if I did it that way. but now it fits, looks good and probably works. Just need my case to arrive (by end of this or next week) and rads (7th february.... should have ordered them sooner).

Looking good tho so far. 

Also, I too am scared of cracking the acrylic but I have a dry tester so I will start gentle and if its not enough, screw it in a bit more and try again. I got enough time to test that.
I also plan to get acetal version of optimus WB for KP if possible when it comes out.

And looking forward how the temps end up compared to the full block from evga and the diy one you made.
2020/01/21 13:58:47
nova496
Thanks man! I ordered a oled ln2 kit going to drill the hole out, and modify it enough to make it work and look clean. Thanks for the install tips and tricks
2020/01/21 16:59:36
sparetimepc
Here is 2 photo's of the temps difference at idle.  One with the EKWB VGA Supremacy Mod and the other with the Bykski Block.   This is liquid temp of 10C   

Attached Image(s)

2020/01/21 17:32:59
sparetimepc
Here is photo of the bykski block at 20C liquid temp, same as room temp. Also all lit up.  

Attached Image(s)

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account