2020/01/21 10:30:46
sparetimepc
So several people were talking about the mini display ports hitting the bykski block when installing. I started working with one of the blocks today and yes for sure the blocks should be notched out. To do it right the block should be notched with a dremel tool or similar, sanding really isn't quite going to do it unless you plan on sanding for quite a while but with a dremel tool you can get a better notched area for clearance. Here is photo's of the notch i put in the block to start the installation.  If you don't do a notch of some sort it will still fit but the stress its going to put on the pcb and mini display ports from bending isn't going to be very good for it. 

Attached Image(s)

2020/01/21 10:50:00
sparetimepc
The instructions that come with these blocks is ridiculous, you need a magnifying glass to read and then the instructions just as well not be there anyway. They have plenty of screws and nylon washer for the installation and it can be done with the backplate put back on or not either way. I installed the thermal pads in the following positions marked in yellow on the pcb first and then installed the block and removed it to make sure what kind of contact i had, when i removed the block it looked like a good squeeze out just needed a little more thermal paste and all but 2 of the thermal pads i put on the pcb were now on the block itself so almost everything made contact. The 2 that didn't seem to make contact are the 2 littlest pads i put on the pcb that have the little yellow dot on them. However the so called instructions didn't show to put a pad in those positions anyway, i just did because thats where 2 small pads are when installing the hydro copper block. 

Attached Image(s)

2020/01/21 11:12:52
Cool GTX
Thanks for sharing
2020/01/21 11:20:30
sparetimepc
You can use the original backplate on this block as well, the following shows screw placement,  the blue circles will be spring screws, red circles will be no screws, green circles will be straight screw into threaded standoff , and the yellow circles will be optional screws where a nut is required on them. As far as using the EVGA LN2 OLEd screen, thats going to require some more grinding, notching, or drilling to make one of those fit, have not decided how i'm going to go about it yet.  Going SLI/Nvlink will also require using the bykski vga bridge to connect your cards together without modifications. If you don't use the bykski vga bridge it looks like you will have to grind either the left side of the block port connection head down or grind your nvlink bridge down or a little of both to make it work. 

Attached Image(s)

2020/01/21 12:07:48
nova496
Thanks sparetimepc, question can you take a side picture of the block ebay has a KPE waterblock but it went to 800 real quick. And I cant see spending 800 on a block
2020/01/21 12:15:31
sparetimepc
nova496
Thanks sparetimepc, question can you take a side picture of the block ebay has a KPE waterblock but it went to 800 real quick. And I cant see spending 800 on a block

I seen that block this morning and it was $410 thats insane its at $800 now. They not gonna get no $800 worth of performance out of that. 
2020/01/21 12:27:10
AHowes
Haha.. at that price I might wana list mine and buy one of these!
2020/01/21 12:27:22
nova496
Yeah I bid on it and had max bid of 790 just because I wanted it. And I think he was running it up.
2020/01/21 12:28:37
AHowes
Any final installed pics? Does it have full leds installed on the block? Thsts the one thing I miss over the 2080ti ftw3 block. :/
2020/01/21 12:28:38
nova496
AHowes
Haha.. at that price I might wana list mine and buy one of these!

Right! I was pissed I'd pay max 500 for one but if that guy really wants it, its his

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account