2020/01/21 18:13:06
nova496
Damn that is nice upgrade was going to ask what room temp was but see 20C thats incredible. How big of radiators you have in your pc and is it separate loop from cpu? 

Also did it come with the plugs? asking because I ordered one already before i saw your post. 

And since we talked a bit in the kpe thread about the ln2 kit, do you think it will fit in between the block and the acrylic? I have a idea about drilling out the end of the ln2 bracket and milling it down to fit in between the block and card. 
2020/01/21 18:18:21
spit051261
That looks nice
2020/01/21 22:57:37
AHowes
How about the load temps.
2020/01/22 01:26:37
sparetimepc
nova496
Damn that is nice upgrade was going to ask what room temp was but see 20C thats incredible. How big of radiators you have in your pc and is it separate loop from cpu? 

Also did it come with the plugs? asking because I ordered one already before i saw your post. 

And since we talked a bit in the kpe thread about the ln2 kit, do you think it will fit in between the block and the acrylic? I have a idea about drilling out the end of the ln2 bracket and milling it down to fit in between the block and card. 

Yes it came with 2 plugs, GPU and CPU are different loops, no rads in GPU loop using a chiller that was set at 20c. The ln2 bracket is quite a bit wider then available space to mount to on the block so it will hang past the end of the card, where the ln2 oled plugs in to the PCB is directly under the block and there is not room for it to even plug in until the block is modified. I had to make the notch about half way through the block (see photos) to make enough clearance for the oled screen cable to plug in.  As far as the ln2 kit fitting between the block and acrylic i assume you meant between the block and the pcb, yes there is room but only one of the ln2 bracket mounts will go under it the other will stick out past the end of the card. All i have left to do is mount the OLED screen now. 

Attached Image(s)

2020/01/22 01:28:05
sparetimepc
AHowes
How about the load temps.

Have not tried any heavy gaming or benchmarking yet, but now i can say its all complete. There is a nice flat spot on the block right where the OLED screen fits best, the back of the LN2 OLED screen mount is also nice and flat so a piece of .25mm thick double sided thermal tape ( not thermal pads) was a great option for installing the OLED screen. No modifications needed at all to the OLED for mounting it this way. Just stick it on there and since its so light weight it doesn't wiggle around at all and can be removed real easy as well.

Attached Image(s)

2020/01/22 14:40:06
GTXJackBauer
Nice work Spare! 

So is it fair to say the KP block was out of spec?
2020/01/22 14:48:22
Mcwrah
Nice "mod" lol with the  OLED mount... I wish I could buy the OLED separate in EU like you can in US... would totes do the same and use it etc. but thats aint happening sadly :/.

GTX, if you mean this bykski KP block, I wouldn't say its out of spec since everyone that got this block has to dremel a place for the mini DP ports (if you don't want PCB flex) so its probably just bad design lol but seems to work much better than original WB for people that use it + its "easily" available for a pretty cheap price with the downside of having to mod it a bit.

I had to do it, a guy who got it as one of the first has the same issue, same for a guy that put a review on aliexpress had to do it, sparetime here and a couple of others. Thats why I think its not out of spec but just not the best design and they overlooked that part.
2020/01/22 16:00:59
GTXJackBauer
Mcwrah
Nice "mod" lol with the  OLED mount... I wish I could buy the OLED separate in EU like you can in US... would totes do the same and use it etc. but thats aint happening sadly :/.

GTX, if you mean this bykski KP block, I wouldn't say its out of spec since everyone that got this block has to dremel a place for the mini DP ports (if you don't want PCB flex) so its probably just bad design lol but seems to work much better than original WB for people that use it + its "easily" available for a pretty cheap price with the downside of having to mod it a bit.

I had to do it, a guy who got it as one of the first has the same issue, same for a guy that put a review on aliexpress had to do it, sparetime here and a couple of others. Thats why I think its not out of spec but just not the best design and they overlooked that part.

Sorry, I was referencing the EVGA KP block that some had issues with.  Maybe some that slipped through QC.
2020/01/22 16:09:30
Mcwrah
GTXJackBauer
Mcwrah

Sorry, I was referencing the EVGA KP block that some had issues with.  Maybe some that slipped through QC.

Lol sorry as well. It was me probably (or couple of others that complained) since I had huge problems with the evga KP (had a thread about it too and it was several blocks actually) and finally got it refunded few days ago. Had to go through original shop I bought it at and had to provide a lot of papers etc. to prove rmas with evga. After that they accepted since everything checked out, shipped it, they tried it and basically went like... QC issues etc. aaand instead of a replacement I got a refund.

The KP bykski tho fits perfectly after the DP mod aka cut out with dremel. So thankfully its not my KP being out of spec.
2020/01/22 20:49:46
AHowes
Using a hydro copper on my kingpin I've currently have GPU temp of 22c with water temp of 19c and room temp at 20c. Sure that digital thermometer is off and it's really 19c room temp but whatever.

Be interesting to see those load temps.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account