2020/01/19 08:52:39
Fishphoenix
Built my first liquid cooled loop recently. No leaks and everything seemed fine. I got the 2080 Super FTW3 w/ Hydro Copper waterblock pre-installed.  I have been using the PC all week to do non-gaming stuff without any issues. I did play Witcher 3 and Jedi Fallen Order for about an hour total on Thursday just to see performance and cooling temps, and they were fine. 

Yesterday on Saturday, figured I'd have time to game. I started up Assassin's Creed Origins first. Went into the menu to check the settings in-game and almost immediately both my monitors got covered in artifacts and I had to reboot the PC. After the reboot, I played the game for an hour without any issues. Then I launched Monster Hunter World. I played for about 45 minutes when everything got covered in artifacts again and I had to reboot again. I then downloaded and ran Unigine Superposition and ran that for a while without any issues. I decided to try Monster Hunter again, and again after about 45 minutes everything covered in artifacts and I had to reboot.

Both HWMonitor and Precision X are showing great temps. I then turned down the power to 85% in Precision X and played Assassin's Creed again. This time I was able to play for a solid 2-3 hours without any issues before logging off for the night. 

A couple other notes that might be useful:

* I am using dual monitors (but only 1 to game with). The main one is DisplayPort. My second monitor only had DVI so I had to buy a DVI to HDMI adapter for that one to use with this card. 
* I am using a PCI-e riser cable to mount the card vertically (the card is literally too big to sit horizontally in my Lian-Li O11 Dynamic case). I have ordered a new cable to test in case that is what's causing the issues. 

I have not overclocked the card at all. Any thoughts here or should I just go ahead and start the RMA process (assuming the new cable doesn't work)?
2020/01/19 10:26:57
AHowes
Wait to test that new riser cable first.
2020/01/19 10:56:16
GTXJackBauer
What were the temps before and after you changed the power target?
2020/01/19 11:10:45
Cool GTX
What PSU & is it new

Using two separate power cables to the GPU ? - not one PCIe cable with the jumper to the second port on the card

Remove the OC from the CPU & RAM ... does it do the same ?

Look forward to your update after the new riser cable is tested ..... try to avoid any tight corners/ bends - I like to use a sharpie to make a nice radius
2020/01/19 11:28:29
Fishphoenix
GTXJackBauer
What were the temps before and after you changed the power target?

Around 54 C under load before reducing power target. Around 50 C under load after. 

Cool GTX
What PSU & is it new

Using two separate power cables to the GPU ? - not one PCIe cable with the jumper to the second port on the card

Remove the OC from the CPU & RAM ... does it do the same ?

Look forward to your update after the new riser cable is tested ..... try to avoid any tight corners/ bends - I like to use a sharpie to make a nice radius

Corsair RM850x and yes it's new. I believe it's using the jumper method. One end is connected to the PSU and the other end splits off into "2 branches" if that makes sense. Here's a picture: 

CPU and RAM aren't overclocked. Haven't overclocked anything in the system yet. Since it's FTW3 the card itself should have some type of factory OC on it. 
2020/01/19 11:51:23
Sajin
AHowes
Wait to test that new riser cable first.

+1
2020/01/19 14:53:16
GTXJackBauer
That cable branching into two is still a single cable.  Try using two separate cables to power the GPU and go from there.
2020/01/19 16:00:38
AHowes
GTXJackBauer
That cable branching into two is still a single cable.  Try using two separate cables to power the GPU and go from there.

That is a good point! Always 2 separate cables!
2020/01/19 16:13:01
pozzallo
I have two evga rtx 2080 super FTW3 hydro copper and i have been running the cards for about two weeks with no problems with a +970 for mem and + 80 for the core with the sliders voltage ,power, gpu temp maxed out in precision x1 when gaming for hours my temps are top card is 36 degree and the bottom card 37 degree but not on riser cable and I have pci express power cable to cards with no jumper all separate from my  power supply.
2020/01/19 18:34:58
ty_ger07
pozzallo
I have two evga rtx 2080 super FTW3 hydro copper and i have been running the cards for about two weeks with no problems with a +970 for mem and + 80 for the core with the sliders voltage ,power, gpu temp maxed out in precision x1 when gaming for hours my temps are top card is 36 degree and the bottom card 37 degree but not on riser cable and I have pci express power cable to cards with no jumper all separate from my  power supply.

So interesting.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account