2020/01/18 21:13:36
xolinlevh
So, randomly earlier this week my computer just died. After a lot of investigating i think its the GPU (2080ti xc black). System powers on fine, no bios errors on the board, but my monitors always sit on 'no input detected'. The GPU fans are stuck at 100% and the RGB lighting does not turn on. Anyone seen this before? or any ideas how to fix? Else its off to RMA.....
2020/01/19 01:25:44
sparetimepc
Sounds like it could be the GPU, do you have another one to try? Maybe unplug your your power connection to the GPU and reconnect or try different cables and port from power supply if it's a modular. Also completely pull card out and reseat it just to makes sure. Try a different monitor cable in case it took a crap. Try GPU in a different PCIe slot on motherboard.
2020/01/19 06:05:46
xolinlevh
So I do not have another GPU to try. But coincidentally I was building a new rig at the same time as my old one died. So I just got the last parts in the mail. Have built it and connected the GPU. Same thing in the new build. So seems like it’s the GPU. Super weird as I haven’t had any problems with it in the 9 months I’ve had it. Just randomly goes to fully dead?
2020/01/19 06:36:56
GTXJackBauer
Contact EVGA to RMA the GPU.
2020/01/19 08:09:26
xolinlevh
GTXJackBauer
Contact EVGA to RMA the GPU.

Submitted a help request to get the ball rolling on it today :) Bummer being a 3 day weekend and i cant game :( :( 
2020/01/19 08:22:49
bob16314
xolinlevh
Submitted a help request to get the ball rolling on it today :) Bummer being a 3 day weekend and i cant game :( :( 

I feel your pain..That's why I always buy a CPU that has processor graphics and motherboards with video out.
2020/01/19 08:48:56
Cool GTX
Sorry to see your having issues with you PC

Failure to work in another PC with a... usually indicated the GPU ... however

Did you use a new video cable & different Monitor ?

- if the monitor or cable causes a voltage spike it would trigger the OCP protection. OCP protection generally = black screens and fans 100%.
2020/01/19 08:56:44
rjohnson11
bob16314
xolinlevh

I feel your pain..That's why I always buy a CPU that has processor graphics and motherboards with video out.

Or you buy a cheap video card as a backup. I have an old 750ti I use for emergencies. It was very cheap. Can't really game on it but you can surf the web and do some basics. 
2020/01/19 09:06:26
sparetimepc
Yeah i am never without a spare power supply, video card, or monitor cable. 
2020/01/19 13:46:52
xolinlevh
Cool GTX
Sorry to see your having issues with you PC

Failure to work in another PC with a... usually indicated the GPU ... however

Did you use a new video cable & different Monitor ?

- if the monitor or cable causes a voltage spike it would trigger the OCP protection. OCP protection generally = black screens and fans 100%.

Well there are three monitors running off it. I’ve tried them all individually in every port to check for bad cables. No dice :(

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account