2020/01/14 22:42:49
Mooninite420
I have been trying to find the source of my computer crashing and have narrowed it down to the following windows error: Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm. Searching online I have found posts on nvidia forums stating this may be due to a faulty card. I have had my computer crash when running Starcraft II, World of Warcraft, and some older steam games. Any advice on how to resolve this error would be much appreciated before I reach out regarding a potential RMA. The Card is almost 2 months old. This happens roughly once or twice a week. I have tried fresh install on drivers but it has not helped.
2020/01/14 22:46:14
Sajin
List ALL of your system specs. Make sure you tell us if anything is overclocked. Also tell us the age of your power supply.
2020/01/15 11:07:43
Mooninite420
I bought my power supply with the graphics card, it is the EVGA SuperNOVA 850 T2, 80+ TITANIUM 850W.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700
Mobo: Gigabyte Aorus Master
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z 32 GB
SSD: Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen4

I am running the memory at 3600 hz which was recommend for my CPU. Nothing is overclocked.
2020/01/15 11:12:07
repo1979
I would call into evga and they may even have you just start the rma process then if you have tried what they may suggest. They are super helpful, keep us posted on the outcome
2020/01/15 11:36:47
aka_STEVE_b
THose errors have been notoriously hard to track down over the years.... 

Sometimes it's a hardware issue causing core Nvidia services to crash -&  for others it is driver/ program incompatibilities causing the nvidia services to crash/ error out.

Try some of this ...

nvlddmkm is one of the most difficult crashes to deal with. It spans across multiple Nvidia generations. My methodology for dealing with this issue is:

- Disable automatic driver updates and windows update completely, boot into safe mode and run DDU to strip out all drivers. Reboot into normal Windows and install the drivers before Windows does.
- Reinstall the NVidia display driver and only the driver, nothing else. Sometimes I will try multiple driver versions.
- Run PC in selective startup with all services disabled except ones that are essential to game running. If this works I start adding startup items one by one. Tedious.
- Try another power supply
- Try to replicate the issue with the card in another PC. We have a test bench for this with various OS versions. If it crashes in the test bed running Windows 10 we will try Windows 7. If it crashes there there card needs to be replaced.

nvlddmkm crashes are the worst thing you can see with an Nvidia card. Often if it's an older card we generally just upgrade it and it saves a lot of times. The biggest problem with this crash is it is hard to replicate consistently adding a great deal of time to the troubleshooting process.

If you bought an AMD card it would be impossible for you to get nvlddmkm crash as nvlddmkm is the name of one of Nvidia's core display drivers that is causing the crash or rather is central to it happening. With an AMD card and AMD drivers running nvlddmkm would sit on your disk doing nothing, you could even delete it if you wanted like DDU does. DDU would be a good idea though regardless with any card change.

nvlddmkm is part of the nvidia graphics drivers, see if doing this fixes the problem:

http://www.tomshardware.c...ideo-card-drivers.html

2020/01/15 11:59:56
Sajin
Does the issue go away when running the card in debug mode? Debug mode can be enabled inside the nvidia control panel under the help drop down menu at the top of the control panel.
2020/01/15 13:54:52
castrator86
You may also want to try moving which PCIe slot you're using. I had one board that just did not like running my GPU in the first slot without causing lockups and crashes.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account