2020/01/13 07:58:52
rjohnson11
https://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/matthew-wilson/wolfenstein-youngblood-update-finally-adds-ray-tracing-and-dlss-support/

NVIDIA announced that the update was coming soon last Monday, when the ‘Game Ready’ driver began rolling out, setting the foundation for the update. Then over the weekend, Bethesda began rolling out Youngblood’s new RTX graphics options, which can be found in the Advanced Settings section of the game’s video options menu.

While some games have gone for full ray-traced global illumination, or ray-traced shadows, Wolfenstein: Youngblood will follow in Battlefield V’s footsteps and stick to reflections, which tends to be the most easily noticeable area for ray-tracing.
Of course, turning on ray-tracing will come with a performance hit, which is where DLSS comes in. Nvidia’s DLSS mode has been criticised for its mixed results in terms of image quality, but there is no denying that it also provides a much needed performance boost when playing with ray-tracing switched on. We haven’t had the chance to test DLSS and ray-tracing in Youngblood for ourselves just yet but we’ll hopefully be able to look into it soon.

I hope this will bring a better gaming experience than the initial release.

2020/01/13 09:54:23
Cool GTX
still very dark in some of those scenes ... in the trailer on my laptop

2020/01/13 10:19:56
aka_STEVE_b
the old joke has to be said , -- " Is this the update that makes it good ? "

...because I played a couple of levels and man, it was so boring & the dialog was cringey.
2020/01/13 10:41:07
atfrico
🤣🤣🤣. Still Nvidia can't get it right🙉😁🙄🤦
2020/01/15 09:36:55
NazcaC2
Scenes that are originally dark aren't supposed to brighten up, that's not the nature of ray tracing. It involves reflections and shadows based on the scene at hand. It's not bloom, saturation or exposure. Though with ray tracing and decent light shafts, it can light up a scene ideally than without.
2020/02/05 19:06:37
Sajin
DLSS has gotten way better for sure...

Settings I used:

Performance numbers running the lab x benchmark inside the game & a picture of the game with the above settings applied:

Performance numbers & a picture of the game with the nvidia dlss setting set to off, anti-aliasing set to tssaa 8tx, and resolution scale set to off:

2020/02/06 11:52:14
Sajin
atfrico
🤣🤣🤣. Still Nvidia can't get it right🙉😁🙄🤦

According to my previous post it looks like they are making very good progress. 
2020/02/06 12:01:36
Hoggle
Got to say I am not seeing much difference between those screenshots for DLSS. I really thought Shadow of the Tomb Raider was also a good improvement for DLSS as well. I think I would play with DLSS on and gain the frames vs. the slight quality improvement of having it on in this game.
2020/02/06 12:07:03
Sajin
Hoggle
Got to say I am not seeing much difference between those screenshots for DLSS. I really thought Shadow of the Tomb Raider was also a good improvement for DLSS as well. I think I would play with DLSS on and gain the frames vs. the slight quality improvement of having it on in this game.

The performance improvement is very much welcomed. If you inspect the images closely the image with dlss on is much sharper in certain areas compared to just the native 4k screenshot. 
2020/02/22 06:03:06
z999z3mystorys
here I am still with a 1080 ti, no ray tracing (that isn't horrible) or DLSS, makes me wonder what will happen next gen software wise

also, how do framerates compare with no form of AA at all? I can't seem to find what DLSS is usually being compared against in these improvements, other forms of AA (which?) no AA at all?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account