2020/01/03 14:21:10
dredwardhyde
Hi, I've bought two EVGA 2080ti XC2 ULTRA  (11G-P4-2387-KR)

I've noticed, that after 10-12 hours of working just fine, iCX2 sensors of my first card start to show 0C and I have to completely shutdown my pc to re-enable my sensors AND ability to control second fan
 Also I've noticed, that firmware version of my good card is 2B.F9.6B, while for faulty card it is 2B.F9.66

I'm aware about this solution

but firmware on that page doesn't change my second firmware version, only first one (49.49.76, same on both gpus)

Could you help me with this problem?

===========================================
My problem was resolved by Jaeson Wilda, thanks a lot to him!

2020/01/03 17:05:21
Sajin
Sounds like you need to contact evga tech support to see if they might have a firmware update available that could resolve your issue. https://www.evga.com/about/contactus/
2020/01/04 02:19:17
dredwardhyde
Yeah, I hope evga support will answer me ASAP, thanks!
2020/01/06 07:03:42
dredwardhyde
Yeah, neither american, nor european support does not answer on email. ****ty evga service, never again I will buy their products.
2020/01/06 09:23:51
GTXJackBauer
dredwardhyde
Yeah, neither american, nor european support does not answer on email. ****ty evga service, never again I will buy their products.

So you understand, today is the first day of business so I'm sure they will get to your email and respond in the next few days.  They will not respond during the weekend.  Just be patient or call them for a quicker response.
2020/01/06 09:41:18
Cool GTX
+1
 https://www.evga.com/holiday/

Tell us the details of your Rig
2020/01/06 09:49:10
dredwardhyde
Well, I hope evga support will answer soon
I use those gpus for deep learning in biology (tensorflow/keras/pytorch), not gaming, so reliable work 24/7 is critical
My specs are 9700k, 64gb ram, z390 designare, 2x2080ti XC2 ULTRA, corsair hx1200
2020/01/06 11:05:49
Cool GTX
OS & Nvidia driver your using ?

Are the cards OC with software ?

Any changes to Nvidia Control Panel stock settings ?

Background software ?

If you close & then reopen X1 does it go back to working ?

BIOS version for the cards is on the Back ... possibly under a backplate on a sticker
2020/01/06 11:31:28
dredwardhyde
Well, I have a looong story with those damn cards
Both are the same model and same device id
One was bought 10.13.2019, second 12.12.2019
EVGA 2080ti XC2 ULTRA (11G-P4-2387-KR)

For my first card it started after Precision update to 1.0.2.0
"We need to update LED firmware", etc. After update I've got 3 red lights on every even boot (and iCX2 sensors disabled, second fan not controllable)
Yeah, I know about that useless FAQ page, but the real solution was to enable ERP in bios, since I have gigabyte motherboard and suddenly, card is not compatible in some way. This card has LED firmware version 49.49.76 and iCX2 firmware 2B.F9.6B
Problem is not reproducible on any other rig.

My second damn card does not show red lights even with ERP disabled!
But another problem occurs, icx2 sensors and fan control just die after 10-12 of working and I need to completely shut down my pc to bring it to work.
Until that, PX1, AIDA64, HWInfo64 do not show any signal from iCX2 sensors.
Firmware versions are 49.49.76 for LED and 2B.F9.66 for iCX2.

OS & Nvidia driver your using ? - Latest? How it is related to my problem?
Are the cards OC with software ? - Of course not, they are unstable even on stock settings
Any changes to Nvidia Control Panel stock settings ? - How it is related to my problem? SLI enabled, that's all
Background software ? - PX1 for fan control, Afterburner for monitoring
If you close & then reopen X1 does it go back to working ? - Nope
BIOS version for the cards is on the Back ... possibly under a backplate on a sticker - same bios on both cards

LOL, I can not submit post with screenshots attached

Frankly, it is shame that evga does not provide repository with all firmware and bios available, are they really technology company?
Do I really have to write here about such problem a year after release?

restored from spam filter by Cool GTX

Attached Image(s)

2020/01/06 11:49:35
dredwardhyde
Well, I have a looong story with those damn cards
Both are the same model and same device id
One was bought 10.13.2019, second 12.12.2019
EVGA 2080ti XC2 ULTRA (11G-P4-2387-KR)

For my first card it started after Precision update to 1.0.2.0
"We need to update LED firmware", etc. After update I've got 3 red lights on every even boot (and iCX2 sensors disabled, second fan not controllable)
Yeah, I know about that useless FAQ page, but the real solution was to enable ERP in bios, since I have gigabyte motherboard and suddenly, card is not compatible in some way. This card has LED firmware version 49.49.76 and iCX2 firmware 2B.F9.6B
Problem is not reproducible on any other rig.

My second damn card does not show red lights even with ERP disabled!
But another problem occurs, icx2 sensors and fan control just die after 10-12 of working and I need to completely shut down my pc to bring it to work.
Until that, PX1, AIDA64, HWInfo64 do not show any signal from iCX2 sensors.
Firmware versions are 49.49.76 for LED and 2B.F9.66 for iCX2.

OS & Nvidia driver your using ? - Latest? How it is related to my problem?
Are the cards OC with software ? - Of course not, they are unstable even on stock settings
Any changes to Nvidia Control Panel stock settings ? - How it is related to my problem? SLI enabled, that's all
Background software ? - PX1 for fan control, Afterburner for monitoring
If you close & then reopen X1 does it go back to working ? - Nope
BIOS version for the cards is on the Back ... possibly under a backplate on a sticker - same bios on both cards

LOL, I can not submit post with screenshots attached

Frankly, it is shame that evga does not provide repository with all firmware and bios available, are they really technology company?
Do I really have to write here about such problem a year after release?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account