2020/01/02 11:32:49
Intoxicus
Hello,

I want to use Precision X1. But the only thing stopping me is the OSD.
Basically until X1's OSD can do what I can do with Afterburner's OSD I can't use it.
How does anyone go back after getting used to this and being able to do a lot more?
As a content creator that will be using OSDs to show stats for specific content as needed Precision just can not do what I need.
The best workaround is use the HWinfo OSD which isn't as good as the Afterburner OSD either, but better than X1's OSD.

Otherwise X1 is great and I would prefer to use is as soon as the OSD catches up. 
I do understand EVGA can't exactly copy what Afterburner does.
But they can use it as a guideline for what X1's OSD needs to be able to do in terms of features and function.

This image is of what I have setup with Afterburner's OSD. I can not even come close to this with Precision X1. If I could I would use only the Afterburner OSD, and then Precision X1 for everything else. 

2020/01/02 11:41:09
Sajin
Intoxicus
If I could I would use only the Afterburner OSD, and then Precision X1 for everything else.

People do that all the time. Running msi afterburner only for the osd, and x1 at the same time for everything else isn't a problem.
2020/01/02 11:49:31
bob16314
Sajin
Intoxicus
If I could I would use only the Afterburner OSD, and then Precision X1 for everything else.

People do that all the time. Running msi afterburner only for the osd, and x1 at the same time for everything else isn't a problem.

True story.
2020/01/02 12:22:28
Cool GTX
Yep, use both

Your screen looks full of OSD - how do yo do anything else ?  That would be distracting for me - 29 items in OSD
2020/01/05 22:37:08
Squall_Rinoa86
Intoxicus
Hello,

I want to use Precision X1. But the only thing stopping me is the OSD.
Basically until X1's OSD can do what I can do with Afterburner's OSD I can't use it.
How does anyone go back after getting used to this and being able to do a lot more?
As a content creator that will be using OSDs to show stats for specific content as needed Precision just can not do what I need.
The best workaround is use the HWinfo OSD which isn't as good as the Afterburner OSD either, but better than X1's OSD.

Otherwise X1 is great and I would prefer to use is as soon as the OSD catches up. 
I do understand EVGA can't exactly copy what Afterburner does.
But they can use it as a guideline for what X1's OSD needs to be able to do in terms of features and function.

This image is of what I have setup with Afterburner's OSD. I can not even come close to this with Precision X1. If I could I would use only the Afterburner OSD, and then Precision X1 for everything else. 

Precision used to have that.. not to sure why it stopped...
2020/01/06 05:03:45
ty_ger07
Define usable. Your definition of usable obviously does not match mine. I would call that mess of excess information 'unusable'.
2020/03/30 20:46:09
celith
How do I go about doing that then? Seems like one overrides the other when you.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account