2019/12/28 12:02:02
Sajin
failbadon
The platform also gets clobbered by threadripper.

That is exactly why people are saying the price is too high. The price of this board should be no higher than $850.
2019/12/28 12:06:55
failbadon
Sajin
failbadon
The platform also gets clobbered by threadripper.

That is exactly why people are saying the price is too high. The price of this board should be no higher than $850.

Intel's price is to high completely.   For an intel product this is priced correctly for what it is.  Then again buying anything with this highcore count and overclocking it and not using ECC RAM is also sort of silly for the workloads you'd want it for.   Sort of odd.   You get it because it's cool, and for cool it's price is fair.  That intels product line is stupid and this is nuts doesn't mean it's not priced right.
2019/12/28 17:21:02
vinhus
I hope its raid config will work with third-party high-end NVme SSD such as Samsung... and if it does not support then waist the money!
2019/12/28 17:42:00
failbadon
vinhus
I hope its raid config will work with third-party high-end NVme SSD such as Samsung... and if it does not support then waist the money!

you'd spend money on something like this and not buy a dedicated hardware raid card?
2019/12/28 18:53:37
vinhus
failbadon
vinhus

you'd spend money on something like this and not buy a dedicated hardware raid card?

Im not a rich man to spend $1700 for this and other raid hardware couple hundred bucks ?! sorry i can't compete with you Mrmillionaire 
2019/12/28 19:05:09
failbadon
vinhus
failbadon
vinhus

Im not a rich man to spend $1700 for this and other raid hardware couple hundred bucks ?! sorry i can't compete with you Mrmillionaire 

if you've got 2k for a board for this (average) and the 3k for the CPU (average) factor in u.2 real SSDs and a good bit of RAM the RAID card is not an issue.  And onboard RAID blows anyways.  Always has, always will.   Ditto that nobody who will "game" on a board like this is going to use the onboard audio, it's well past the price point where soundcards or external DACs come into play.

If anybody is going to be sane and actually "use" this platform rather than brag here's what you want , won't OC but  you shouldn't OC it but has LRIMM support.

And hardware raid cards are less than a 2080ti, let a lone a titan, it's not that bad for expense.
2019/12/28 19:21:05
vinhus
failbadon
vinhus
failbadon
vinhus

if you've got 2k for a board for this (average) and the 3k for the CPU (average) factor in u.2 real SSDs and a good bit of RAM the RAID card is not an issue.  And onboard RAID blows anyways.  Always has, always will.   Ditto that nobody who will "game" on a board like this is going to use the onboard audio, it's well past the price point where soundcards or external DACs come into play.

If anybody is going to be sane and actually "use" this platform rather than brag here's what you want , won't OC but  you shouldn't OC it but has LRIMM support.

And hardware raid cards are less than a 2080ti, let a lone a titan, it's not that bad for expense.

Just Kidding, you are right ! but i meant to save more lanes, more air space for 3-4 way SLI and sound card. I always use Soundblaster sound card but maybe this time will switch to new NU audio because it has sound light syncing very nice 
2019/12/28 19:59:10
failbadon
vinhus
failbadon
vinhus
failbadon
vinhus

Just Kidding, you are right ! but i meant to save more lanes, more air space for 3-4 way SLI and sound card. I always use Soundblaster sound card but maybe this time will switch to new NU audio because it has sound light syncing very nice 

save lanes on a xeon?  sorta defeating the point!  The entire point of the platform is  massive raid configurations over u.2 or PCIE cards.   and you mean NVLINK now, not SLI and SLI won't scale past two cards and most games won't use it.  the platform at it is means quadro, tesla, raid cards. 

As someone that manages SANS among other things for a living I get it.
2019/12/29 08:09:38
cateno
hello
nice MB wait to buy in EU .....2020 firts months
2019/12/29 18:41:50
Ranmacanada
I think this board is just further proof that Intel and it's partners like EVGA have lost it.  This should be a Threadripper board, period.  The fact that EVGA still refuses to have AMD hardware is to the point of idiocy.  It's hard to believe that EVGA is the best, when they refuse to budge and support the actual best processors.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account