2019/12/26 04:52:09
magictoaster
I've 'enrolled' in the Step-Up program for the EVGA NU Audio Pro 7.1 a few days ago but before I send my NU Audio card back I would like to know if it will be denied for physical damage (I guess it will but I does not hurt to ask!).

When I first connected the SATA power connector, a small portion of the L shaped bracket broke-off. It was carefully glued back (it did work but I thought it would be best to have it 'repaired' to avoid mechanical stress on the connector).

To be clear, I'm not saying the card was received damaged. I did installed countless SATA devices over the years without issues, but I guess there is a first for everything! 

Attached Image(s)

2019/12/26 09:52:58
wllambert
Sorry for potentially dumb question I have the original Nu audio card and I am considering the upgrade offered. I agree with others on this forum that this is a good program thanks EVGA!! My concern or question is will the new pro card decode 5.1 multi channel DSD files natively on the DAC?  This would be the only reason I would have to upgrade to this new card. The original Nu audio card I purchased is a great card for all my other music and gaming requirements.
2019/12/26 14:33:44
KrishnaSandeep
kajico
I have my card registered but the upgrade page tells me 
YOU HAVE NO QUALIFIED REGISTERED PRODUCTS
Then when I go to try and register it again, it says my card is already registered. I bought the card January 21, 2019 am I not eligible for the upgrade?

Hey I had the same issue with my card and I contacted the customer care. When I rechecked my registered card details, I found that I accidentally put my date of purchase as 1/16/2018 instead of 1/16/2019. I requested the customer care agent to change the date and once he changed it, I could find the upgrade page. So, I suggest you to please check your registration details and contact the customer care. Even if you cannot find any mistakes, they will be able to help you upgrade. The upgrade program is for Nu Audio cards, purchased first hand from any official vendors.
2020/01/06 07:53:41
TomSawyer2112
Great step-up program once again from EVGA, not aware of any other manufactures that do this!

I would be all over this if the pro had a front panel connector. I find it really useful when I am gaming to be able to use my gaming headset via the front headphone/mic jacks. I can leave my Planars connected to the rear 1/4 and then override whenever I want to game by plugging into the front.  Unplug from front and the rear headphone jack kicks in. Truly, could not have asked for a more perfect solution!

2020/01/06 10:05:58
Cool GTX
KrishnaSandeep
kajico
I have my card registered but the upgrade page tells me 
YOU HAVE NO QUALIFIED REGISTERED PRODUCTS
Then when I go to try and register it again, it says my card is already registered. I bought the card January 21, 2019 am I not eligible for the upgrade?

Hey I had the same issue with my card and I contacted the customer care. When I rechecked my registered card details, I found that I accidentally put my date of purchase as 1/16/2018 instead of 1/16/2019. I requested the customer care agent to change the date and once he changed it, I could find the upgrade page. So, I suggest you to please check your registration details and contact the customer care. Even if you cannot find any mistakes, they will be able to help you upgrade. The upgrade program is for Nu Audio cards, purchased first hand from any official vendors.

Contact Customer Service
2020/01/10 10:59:21
Black07Yukon
Will it be ok if somebody has swapped in better op amps? I will put it back to stock of course. Just want to make sure before I start the process and I don't want to be dishonest. So much of that in the world today.

EDIT: Wait I am a bit confused about this card. I am strictly high end headphones. Is the 7.1 only if you are using speakers? Would I see any benefit? I use Burson V6 vivid op amps in all my gear as a side note if that makes any difference.
2020/01/12 04:11:19
dode1708
Same question as other EU customers. Will the offer be extended to European (this time UK) customers? Thanks.
2020/01/13 09:53:46
EVGA_Lee
Black07Yukon
Will it be ok if somebody has swapped in better op amps? I will put it back to stock of course. Just want to make sure before I start the process and I don't want to be dishonest. So much of that in the world today.

EDIT: Wait I am a bit confused about this card. I am strictly high end headphones. Is the 7.1 only if you are using speakers? Would I see any benefit? I use Burson V6 vivid op amps in all my gear as a side note if that makes any difference.

If you are only using headphones, you'd probably want the NU Audio Pro (AN11) only.  No harm in getting the Pro 7.1 (AN21), but if you don't plan on using multi-channel speakers then the daughterboard will not do anything for you.  I do feel the headphone experience is improved with the Pro card.  One of our CS reps tested recently and also came to the same conclusion.  The change in op-amps isn't the only change to the card, as it has a different power design and capacitors in-line with the line-out/headphone out.  Port impedance is also slightly lower on the NU Audio Pro than the original NU Audio (both are still extremely low, however).
2020/02/04 16:38:39
vxpulse
Is there a stock issue for this promo? It's been pretty quiet.
2020/02/10 01:40:26
D3lete
Right with vxpulse here. I submitted my upgrade as soon as this started and I haven't heard anything yet. Any updates?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account