2019/12/09 13:56:43
edzilla13
kevinc313
edzilla13
this is my score on 3dmark 

3dmark.com/3dm/41771591?

is this a standard score for my setup?

You can do better with your GPU score too, that's about what you would get from the card at stock settings at normal/warm temps.  Your reported OC of 1965mhz in timespy means you're either too warm to get a high clock with your OC settings, or the card is running on stock settings.  1,938 mhz memory bus is stock memory clock (15.5k).

Yes that score was at stock settings. Earlier I oc to a stable clock and managed to get my score up by a 1000. I put +90 on core and +900 on memory and the temps are a little higher to about 74c
2019/12/09 14:23:49
GTXJackBauer
edzilla13

hmm ill look into the guides and control panel. Someone told me to try using DDU to get rid of the old 1080 drives so that might work. Ill keep you guys updated thanks 

One of the first things you do when purchasing a new GPU is updating the drivers because they usually will add some optimization for said GPU.  This also includes game titles that come down the pipe.  This has to be DDU'd and updated to the newest Nvidia Driver.
2019/12/09 14:30:12
edzilla13
GTXJackBauer
edzilla13

hmm ill look into the guides and control panel. Someone told me to try using DDU to get rid of the old 1080 drives so that might work. Ill keep you guys updated thanks 

One of the first things you do when purchasing a new GPU is updating the drivers because they usually will add some optimization for said GPU.  This also includes game titles that come down the pipe.  This has to be DDU'd and updated to the newest Nvidia Driver.

I went ahead and ran the ddu and installed fresh drivers but noticed no improvement
2019/12/09 14:58:59
RainStryke
edzilla13
GTXJackBauer
edzilla13

I went ahead and ran the ddu and installed fresh drivers but noticed no improvement

At the very least, I would go into your BIOS and load optimized defaults. Let the PC restart and load back into the Windows login screen, restart the PC, go into the BIOS and enable your XMP profile, save and load back into Windows and see if there is a difference.
2019/12/09 15:06:51
edzilla13
RainStryke
edzilla13
GTXJackBauer
edzilla13

At the very least, I would go into your BIOS and load optimized defaults. Let the PC restart and load back into the Windows login screen, restart the PC, go into the BIOS and enable your XMP profile, save and load back into Windows and see if there is a difference.

Well I'm running an older bios. I'm currently at f7 while the new bios is 15an so ik a little behind, I'm just worried about updating cause I almost bricked my pc last time I did it
2019/12/09 17:18:10
edzilla13
Welp guys I updated the bios to the newest version and now my pc wont boot lol. Says inaccessible boot drive
2019/12/09 17:54:56
edzilla13
ya i think im going to have to turn some of my settings down if i want the frames I have in mind. Silly me to think i can run everything on max with ray tracing and get 144fps on 2k with this card. I almost broke my pc updating the bios earlier but i fixed it. Now im on the latest bios, turned off some of the settings in control panel, and fine tuned my gpu and i got an improvement on 3dmark from before

OLD

3dmark.com/3dm/41771591?

NEW

3dmark.com/3dm/41779353?
2019/12/09 18:11:14
RainStryke
There ya go, your CPU score looks a lot better.
2019/12/09 18:22:36
kevinc313
edzilla13
ya i think im going to have to turn some of my settings down if i want the frames I have in mind. Silly me to think i can run everything on max with ray tracing and get 144fps on 2k with this card. I almost broke my pc updating the bios earlier but i fixed it. Now im on the latest bios, turned off some of the settings in control panel, and fine tuned my gpu and i got an improvement on 3dmark from before

OLD

3dmark.com/3dm/41771591?

NEW

3dmark.com/3dm/41779353?

Looking good!  So what is your case/fan setup?  If you have unimpeded (no radiator) intake fans and an exhaust you should be able to keep the gpu temp in the mid 60's at max power with 90-100% card fans.  Should be able to push the gpu up to +120 or +135 or +150 clock and the mem around +1500, this should get the TS gpu score around 13k.

Looks like MW is tough to run, here's a 2080S test with 1440p and high settings, they are getting about 90 fps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9aQWy7X-q4

I'm guessing he's running a 8700K and not cpu bottlenecking, nice 50% load across all cores/threads.
2019/12/09 20:05:04
RainStryke
I just installed my i7 8086K and did a quick benchmark with everything at stock. I do have 4266MHz XMP RAM though...
https://www.3dmark.com/spy/9617090

Opened up Gigabyte EasyTune and locked all cores at 5.0GHz and I got this score:
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/41781761?

I would say your scores are pretty close to where they should be, considering I have a RTX 2080Ti... Don't mind the benchmarks, 3DMark's System Info is messed up on my main PC.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account