2019/12/09 10:14:13
edzilla13
aka_STEVE_b
Use this guide.  I did and can get  120 easily in COD:Modern Warfare 2019 

Settings Wrap-Up
Normally, we'd suggest a slew of settings to tweak so you can eke out some additional performance, but in the case of Modern Warfare everything's been streamlined to ensure that the default settings run well on the widest array of systems possible. That leaves us with only Screen Space Reflections to switch to Normal, and Depth of Field to Off in multiplayer.

Instead, the biggest gains will be found scaling your resolution. For instance, 80-90% at 3840x2160 boosts performance by double digits, with only a minimal reduction in clarity (which you could counteract by using GeForce Experience's Alt+F3 Sharpening filter).

Enthusiasts will perhaps be disappointed by the lack of Ultra future-proofed settings, but you can't argue the game looks great, runs fast, and will deliver a great visual experience to tons of PC gamers.

thank you ill take a look at that
2019/12/09 11:16:21
edzilla13
this is my score on 3dmark 

3dmark.com/3dm/41771591?

is this a standard score for my setup?
2019/12/09 11:22:14
dc8flyer
edzilla13
aka_STEVE_b
Use this guide.  I did and can get  120 easily in COD:Modern Warfare 2019 

Settings Wrap-Up
Normally, we'd suggest a slew of settings to tweak so you can eke out some additional performance, but in the case of Modern Warfare everything's been streamlined to ensure that the default settings run well on the widest array of systems possible. That leaves us with only Screen Space Reflections to switch to Normal, and Depth of Field to Off in multiplayer.

Instead, the biggest gains will be found scaling your resolution. For instance, 80-90% at 3840x2160 boosts performance by double digits, with only a minimal reduction in clarity (which you could counteract by using GeForce Experience's Alt+F3 Sharpening filter).

Enthusiasts will perhaps be disappointed by the lack of Ultra future-proofed settings, but you can't argue the game looks great, runs fast, and will deliver a great visual experience to tons of PC gamers.

thank you ill take a look at that

The biggest MW COD fps killer appears to be under Graphic / Render Resolution. Since you are running a 1440 display make sure this setting is set to 1440 as well (last number). Adjusting to a higher rendering above your 1440 display will not only reduce fps considerably but also distort the game graphics.

Also you need to OC your card as well as far as it will OC. MW seems somewhat demanding on the video card.

Adjusting the Rendering Resolution from 4K to 2K improved my fps from 50's tp 90's with my monitor refresh rate at 144, 1440 (2k) and Render Resolution at 1440 as well. Blur off and all other setting set to max.

I just cant understand why the darn movie at start up keeps playing when I have that option disabled.  
2019/12/09 11:39:46
RainStryke
edzilla13

3dmark.com/3dm/41771591?

Your CPU score is super low.

This is an old run from back when I had an i7 8700K at stock speeds and a GTX 1080:
https://www.3dmark.com/spy/3908673

I would suggest making sure you have the latest BIOS installed on your motherboard and make sure your chipset drivers are installed.
2019/12/09 12:08:06
edzilla13
RainStryke
edzilla13

3dmark.com/3dm/41771591?

Your CPU score is super low.

This is an old run from back when I had an i7 8700K at stock speeds and a GTX 1080:

I would suggest making sure you have the latest BIOS installed on your motherboard and make sure your chipset drivers are installed.

hmm i think there is a newer bios but last time i tried to update bios i almost bricked my pc. I dont even remember how i fixed it. I ended up flashing a bios thats below the new one. Im pretty sure my chipset drivers are good. 
2019/12/09 12:19:08
dc8flyer
My CPU (990X) score is 4810 and I'm getting 90 fps easily with max MW settings with monitor at 144hz, 2K.

I think a game setting is the problem. Or perhaps nVidia Control Panel GPU setting is set to auto or not the video card.
2019/12/09 12:41:18
edzilla13
I'll take a look but if it was on auto it should use the bou and not the on board graphics. Plus I doubt I'd be getting those frames using on board graphics. My in game settings are semi maxed out and the render is native to screen, so I dont know.
2019/12/09 12:58:38
kevinc313
edzilla13

3dmark.com/3dm/41771591?

You can do better with your GPU score too, that's about what you would get from the card at stock settings at normal/warm temps.  Your reported OC of 1965mhz in timespy means you're either too warm to get a high clock with your OC settings, or the card is running on stock settings.  1,938 mhz memory bus is stock memory clock (15.5k).
2019/12/09 13:12:42
dc8flyer
edzilla13
I'll take a look but if it was on auto it should use the bou and not the on board graphics. Plus I doubt I'd be getting those frames using on board graphics. My in game settings are semi maxed out and the render is native to screen, so I dont know.

Ive gotten better results when set to video card, not auto. And as I mentioned earlier, check your OCing for the card.r
2019/12/09 13:54:50
edzilla13
dc8flyer
edzilla13

Ive gotten better results when set to video card, not auto. And as I mentioned earlier, check your OCing for the card.r

Hmm I'll switch it then and see how it goes.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account