2019/12/07 17:15:35
mikeaudi21
I have been running fine for months on my new build playing PUBG and LoL mostly. I took a little time off PUBG and justy played LOL for a month an a few other low quality games. Last week I tried PUBG again and the game started and crashed. Thought it was the game so I reinstalled the game. Same issue. All steam games would crash after being run for a little. I started stress testing my GPUs with Heaven Benchmark and the PC will always crash and rest around the same point in the test. Same with running Fire Strike. This Problem only happens while in SLI. I have been able to run stress test on single cards without the program and PC crashing. 

I researched all over the internet and have found similar issues and tried the fixes they use (Usually a power supply) But nothing has made the stress test go any further. Nothing is overclocked. My CPU and GPUs are stock settings. 

My Build:
-MCI MEG ACE Z390 Motherboard
-Intel i9-9900k
-EVGA 1300 G2 power supply
-2x EVGA RTX 2080 TI Black Cards Running in SLI (EVGA SLI Bridge Installed)
- 2x 8gb G-Skill TridentZ 4000Mhz Ram 

I have tried...
-Updating GUP drivers
-Rolling Back GPU drivers
-Uninstalling all GPU driver and reinstalling using DDU
-Updated Windows
-Rolled Windows back
-Ran both GPUs off separate power supply From rest of PC
-Reset Bios
-Switching GPU cards around and reseating the cards
-Uninstall: 
All Lighting Software
OC software for GPU
OC softwares for Motherboard
HWMonitor
-Disable the: Nahimic Service

Nothing works. Tried all suggestions to be and any ideas i could com up with and all seem to have no effect at all. Still crashes under stress test.

Any other Ideas?

SOLVED: So the issue was one of the GPUs was bad. But I had to replace the motherboard for the card to show this for some reason. Both cards ran alright by themselves on one of my original motherboard. It was not till I switched to the second motherboard. Once I switched it was clear that one card was not working correctly as running it without the second card in the system it would freeze my Bios every time I entered Bios within a few seconds and it had an issue loading windows correctly and would crash sometimes. I do find it odd that I didn't have this issue with the other motherboard but I did RMA the card and the replacement works great by itself and in SLI. 
2019/12/07 17:20:45
CraptacularOne
So for clarity both cards run fine when by themselves? You have removed one card and stress tested each independently in the system correct? 
2019/12/07 17:22:25
GTXJackBauer
Did you check and see if Windows Update automatically updated your windows since the last time things were working?  Might want to roll back just in case OR it could be some instability with your GPUs. 

You also might need to test each GPU separately and see where the issue may arise.

Check around and see if your board has issues with its own software.  I just skimmed through a review on amazon about someone having issues with the MB software.

3.0 out of 5 starsDisable "advanced stream" detect to save you DAYS of troubleshooting.

March 2, 2019
Verified Purchase

I thought my board was faulty but nope, turns out the KILLER CONTROL CENTER caused my pc to freeze for 3 seconds while playing video games, watching twitch, and youtube and then it would resume, sometimes the game would crash or chrome would crash. It would happen randomly. Disabling "Advanced Stream Detect" in the "killer control center" fixed the issue. I even bought a new psu because I thought my psu was bad because of this bug. I tested my ram for hours but no errors, switch pci-e slots..you name it, I tried. I hope new comers to PC read this if they are experiencing issues. I

46 people found this helpful

2019/12/07 17:33:28
mikeaudi21
I have done each individually and BOTH make it through Fire Strike fine and are able to run Heaven until I close the program.

I have rolled back windows an even went back using windows recovery from August. 
2019/12/07 17:36:02
mikeaudi21
Have rolled back Windows and even did a windows recovery.

I uninstalled Killer Center as that was also suggested to me. Had no effect on the cards while in SLI both still crash. 
Temps are not that high. One card is at about 45 degrees and the other is always between 60 and 70 degrees when it crashes. 
2019/12/07 18:07:01
CraptacularOne
Have you tried rolling back the BIOS on the motherboard? 
2019/12/07 18:13:25
mikeaudi21
I have reset the bios yesterday to no effect. Same issue. 
2019/12/07 18:13:44
AHowes
So you mentioned you've read posts on this and it points to power supply. You dont mention your psu?

A PSU wears out over time. Caps get weak. You can even buy a new psu that's been stored on the shelf for years before you buy it and it can already be aged and performe under specs.

Have you grabbed a new psu to test yet?

Seems like your psu dont want to put out enough wattage anymore for both cards under load.

Grab a new 1200watt psu.
2019/12/07 18:43:53
CraptacularOne
AHowes
So you mentioned you've read posts on this and it points to power supply. You dont mention your psu?

A PSU wears out over time. Caps get weak. You can even buy a new psu that's been stored on the shelf for years before you buy it and it can already be aged and performe under specs.

Have you grabbed a new psu to test yet?

Seems like your psu dont want to put out enough wattage anymore for both cards under load.

Grab a new 1200watt psu.

He mentions in his very first post he tried powering the cards off a separate PSU or did you not read it?
2019/12/08 01:07:27
Sajin
Still sounds like a power problem to me. Have you tried using a different sli bridge?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account