2019/12/11 02:57:26
GTXJackBauer
chrisdglong

Feel free to go back and re-read it, if you don't understand. Not sure why you are acting like this...

I have no idea what you're talking about.  I'm seriously confused. 

Nvm....I'll just pass on what I was asking than.
2019/12/13 20:08:11
yaggaz
CraptacularOne

PS: If you want an idea of what it looks like with a system in it, It's the very case I'm currently using you can see pics of the inside arrangement I have on my "Mods Rigs" link in my profile. 

Edit/Updated: Nevermind lol.  If I took the thing apart before asking questions I'd have my answers.

So my case arrived and am I right in assuming that it does NOT come with a HDD mounting bracket?    Also I looked at your Mod Rig pics again... where the heck is your EVO drive???

2019/12/13 20:30:00
CraptacularOne
yaggaz
CraptacularOne

PS: If you want an idea of what it looks like with a system in it, It's the very case I'm currently using you can see pics of the inside arrangement I have on my "Mods Rigs" link in my profile. 

Edit/Updated: Nevermind lol.  If I took the thing apart before asking questions I'd have my answers.

So my case arrived and am I right in assuming that it does NOT come with a HDD mounting bracket?    Also I looked at your Mod Rig pics again... where the heck is your EVO drive???

I'm assuming you found the HDD mounting trays that are located under the PSU shroud that you access by removing the back panel? 

My board has 2 M.2 slots, one near the memory on the upper right just under where my 24pin ATX cables is and is what's known as a vertical M.2 slot and the other is located under the heatsink where the "ASUS" logo is in the lower right. If you look at the brighter picture in my profile you can actually see a little of green PCB of the drive poking out from behind the silver heatsink. I have since upgraded from the Samsung EVO 250GB to a Intel 660p 1TB drive. 
2019/12/14 14:17:26
yaggaz
CraptacularOne
yaggaz
CraptacularOne

I'm assuming you found the HDD mounting trays that are located under the PSU shroud that you access by removing the back panel? 

My board has 2 M.2 slots, one near the memory on the upper right just under where my 24pin ATX cables is and is what's known as a vertical M.2 slot and the other is located under the heatsink where the "ASUS" logo is in the lower right. If you look at the brighter picture in my profile you can actually see a little of green PCB of the drive poking out from behind the silver heatsink. I have since upgraded from the Samsung EVO 250GB to a Intel 660p 1TB drive. 

Edit:  So the four holes only line up if I want the PSU to pull air out of the case.   Or I can pull air from below and outside the case and only have two screws line up.  Any disadvantages for either?

Ah yes now I see it. :)

So I notice you have an evga power supply gold version.  Mine is the Bronze 750w  and for the life of me I just cannot get the four screw holes on the power supply to line up with four holes on the P400a.   I can only get two to line up.  Is there any issue that could come from just having it held by two screws?  Thanks

2019/12/14 14:47:26
CraptacularOne
All 4 of the PSU screws fit fine in the back of mine. Are you using the correct holes? As for the mounting orientation you want the fan pulling in air from the bottom and exhausting it out the back. There is an easily removable dust filter on the bottom of the case under the PSU mounting so you can keep the intake clean. 
2019/12/14 16:03:07
yaggaz

It's fine I uh...~ahem~ made an extra two screw holes.  All good now ;)

So the three fans are only powered by the two connectors? Daisy chained?

I know this thread feels seriously derailed but it's all coming back to getting the RTX 2080 cooled and I'd like to post the difference.

Are the fans at the front you are using the stock fans for this case?  What brand are the extra fans? Thanks.
2019/12/14 18:45:31
CraptacularOne
Oh I actually swapped all the fans for some Thermaltake Pure Plus RGB fans so I could sync them all up. I’m water cooled also so I needed some higher static pressure fans for my radiators than what the stock fans offered. 

As for the stock fans they are fine for air flow so don’t be concerned with that and yes they are all daisy chainable you will need to connect the RGB header to the board to control them however
2019/12/14 20:34:48
yaggaz
Hrm that RGB header looks like it needs to be seriously stretched to reach.  Also what is the point of the male header? Is that for the extra fans?
2019/12/14 20:37:09
CraptacularOne
yaggaz
Hrm that RGB header looks like it needs to be seriously stretched to reach.  Also what is the point of the male header? Is that for the extra fans?

Yes male connector is there if you order more of the Phanteks fans so you can connect them all on the same run. 
2019/12/15 15:02:15
yaggaz
CraptacularOne
Yes male connector is there if you order more of the Phanteks fans so you can connect them all on the same run. 

Hrm does it seem to you that my MB does not support this feature? I can’t see a three pin connection anywhere

Attached Image(s)

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account