2019/12/09 07:27:23
Cool GTX
Room Temp is Relative to reported hardware Temps ...... hardware's temp Rise over the ambient temp

Time to save up for a SSD as your BOOT drive .... system will feel much faster than with the barracuda 7200 rpm mechanical drive .. you will see the difference

On a Tight budget - 512 GB is a nice sized boot drive - then use your mechanical drive for Library files: Movies, documents, downloads .....

Enjoy your 2080 Super 

2019/12/09 11:17:24
jlp209
I haven't LOL in a very long time when it comes to tech / online forums, this one almost brought me to tears for about 30 seconds. The pic of that case, good lord! I echo what everyone else has been telling you, your new case and some good airflow will solve all of your problems. Please post your results once you receive the case! 
2019/12/09 13:04:27
kevinc313
jlp209
I haven't LOL in a very long time when it comes to tech / online forums, this one almost brought me to tears for about 30 seconds. The pic of that case, good lord! I echo what everyone else has been telling you, your new case and some good airflow will solve all of your problems. Please post your results once you receive the case! 

Whenever people complain about cooling I ask them to post a picture of their case - usually they post a pic of the side with the cover off so you can get an idea of the layout.  

2019/12/10 12:15:28
chrisdglong
yaggaz
chrisdglong
I saw that picture and thought that you were messing around... You were really serious! HAHA. How could you know enough to buy a 2080, but not to buy a new case with better airflow?

Never had a heat problem with the last 5 video cards over the 12 years or so.   For my part, Just lack of research on the 2800  I guess?  No biggie, it'll all be good (I hope) when my new case gets here.

On another random thought, somebody had mentioned the room temperature needing to be cool too?  I think if the day comes that we also need our house air conditioned to stop video cards from burning out we'll have reached a high level of insanity 

Room temperature will increase the temperature of the card by 1 degree for every 1 degree of ambient temperature. You simply can't cool a card on air lower than the room temperature. In most cases, this means a slight increase with an increase in room temps. If you are comfortable in your home, your card is probably fine with adequate case cooling. The bigger issue here, is that you have a card that is producing a lot of heat and dumping it into the case and that heat cannot escape. The heat builds up in the case and so does the temperature of your card.

What kind of cooling do you have on your CPU? I noticed, in your previous post, that your CPU temps are not moving much with the side off.

EDIT: I just noticed this in your previous post: "Temp in my room is about 60 degrees f,  (It's winter here in the mountains)"... That is one cold room, your room temp is NOT the issue here.
2019/12/10 13:56:33
GTXJackBauer
chrisdglong

Room temperature will increase the temperature of the card by 1 degree for every 1 degree of ambient temperature. You simply can't cool a card on air lower than the room temperature. In most cases, this means a slight increase with an increase in room temps. If you are comfortable in your home, your card is probably fine with adequate case cooling. The bigger issue here, is that you have a card that is producing a lot of heat and dumping it into the case and that heat cannot escape. The heat builds up in the case and so does the temperature of your card.

What kind of cooling do you have on your CPU? I noticed, in your previous post, that your CPU temps are not moving much with the side off.

EDIT: I just noticed this in your previous post: "Temp in my room is about 60 degrees f,  (It's winter here in the mountains)"... That is one cold room, your room temp is NOT the issue here.

We found the culprit on page one.  It's his case.
2019/12/10 16:58:51
chrisdglong
yaggaz
chrisdglong
I saw that picture and thought that you were messing around... You were really serious! HAHA. How could you know enough to buy a 2080, but not to buy a new case with better airflow?

Never had a heat problem with the last 5 video cards over the 12 years or so.   For my part, Just lack of research on the 2800  I guess?  No biggie, it'll all be good (I hope) when my new case gets here.

On another random thought, somebody had mentioned the room temperature needing to be cool too?  I think if the day comes that we also need our house air conditioned to stop video cards from burning out we'll have reached a high level of insanity 

GTXJackBauer
chrisdglong

We found the culprit on page one.  It's his case.

No one ever properly addressed the issue that he was asking about, room temps. For the sake of anyone that comes along later and sees this, I addressed it clearly.
2019/12/10 20:33:09
GTXJackBauer
chrisdglong

No one ever properly addressed the issue that he was asking about, room temps. For the sake of anyone that comes along later and sees this, I addressed it clearly.

I'm sorry but I'm not understanding if you can break it down for me.  
2019/12/10 20:43:32
chrisdglong
GTXJackBauer
chrisdglong

I'm sorry but I'm not understanding if you can break it down for me.  

Feel free to go back and re-read it, if you don't understand. Not sure why you are acting like this...
2019/12/10 20:50:05
yaggaz
jlp209

~Pats his case!~ There, there, he didn't mean it lil buddy, he didn't live through the great CRPG depression of 97' ;)
2019/12/10 20:58:22
yaggaz
Cool GTX

Time to save up for a SSD as your BOOT drive .... system will feel much faster than with the barracuda 7200 rpm mechanical drive .. you will see the difference

On a Tight budget - 512 GB is a nice sized boot drive - then use your mechanical drive for Library files: Movies, documents, downloads .....

Enjoy your 2080 Super 

Hey thanks for the advice, I have been thinking about it for some time now.  I assume you keep your games installed on the SSD too?

So many modern delicacies of the modern PC gaming world I've yet to experience; 4k gaming, SSD... um a temperature that I cant cook eggs on.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account