2019/12/07 21:43:40
yaggaz
55? That's jawdropping for under load. Considering mine is idling at that lol!!

Yeah I agree, just me being ignorant of air flow and not researching it enough.   The funny thing is I watched that video and was soaking all the info in before I came back to check here.  It wasn't until he shows the two temperature comparison charts that I pleaded with my wife to net let my card die and go order a P400A asap ;)  It was a tossup between that and the Coolermaster.
2019/12/07 22:00:22
CraptacularOne
yaggaz

Yeah I agree, just me being ignorant of air flow and not researching it enough.   The funny thing is I watched that video and was soaking all the info in before I came back to check here.  It wasn't until he shows the two temperature comparison charts that I pleaded with my wife to net let my card die and go order a P400A asap ;)  It was a tossup between that and the Coolermaster.

You made a good choice. The P400A is a very good case and if GN awards it their best case overall for the year it’s no small feat as they are very hard on their gear. let us know how it goes when you get it all up and running. 
2019/12/07 22:40:06
GTXJackBauer
The P400A RGB looks amazing if that's the one you got but regardless, it's a great budget case for its design.  I can see your 2080 SUPER smiling from here.  
2019/12/07 23:15:28
CraptacularOne
GTXJackBauer
The P400A RGB looks amazing if that's the one you got but regardless, it's a great budget case for its design.  I can see your 2080 SUPER smiling from here.  

Smiling? You mean pleading for its life? 
2019/12/07 23:47:05
GTXJackBauer
CraptacularOne
GTXJackBauer

Smiling? You mean pleading for its life? 

You're probably right! lol
2019/12/08 00:22:24
chrisdglong
I saw that picture and thought that you were messing around... You were really serious! HAHA. How could you know enough to buy a 2080, but not to buy a new case with better airflow?
2019/12/08 15:18:54
kevinc313
yaggaz

My 2080 Ti hybrid idles at 26C and games at 50-55C, but it's an optimized setup and using 4K 60Hz vsync.
2019/12/08 16:39:08
yaggaz
chrisdglong
I saw that picture and thought that you were messing around... You were really serious! HAHA. How could you know enough to buy a 2080, but not to buy a new case with better airflow?

Never had a heat problem with the last 5 video cards over the 12 years or so.   For my part, Just lack of research on the 2800  I guess?  No biggie, it'll all be good (I hope) when my new case gets here.

On another random thought, somebody had mentioned the room temperature needing to be cool too?  I think if the day comes that we also need our house air conditioned to stop video cards from burning out we'll have reached a high level of insanity 
2019/12/08 16:43:07
yaggaz
kevinc313

My 2080 Ti hybrid idles at 26C and games at 50-55C, but it's an optimized setup and using 4K 60Hz vsync.

Wow impressive.   My next monitor will be a 1440p one but I get the sinking feeling 144hz gaming might be out of my cooling league.
2019/12/08 23:52:14
GTXJackBauer
yaggaz
chrisdglong

Never had a heat problem with the last 5 video cards over the 12 years or so.   For my part, Just lack of research on the 2800  I guess?  No biggie, it'll all be good (I hope) when my new case gets here.

On another random thought, somebody had mentioned the room temperature needing to be cool too?  I think if the day comes that we also need our house air conditioned to stop video cards from burning out we'll have reached a high level of insanity 

All depends on the GPUs you used.  They were probably lower powered GPUs while the 2080 SUPER you have here is rated @ 250w.  Basically what the high end GPUs were all those years.

Since you're still on 1080p, I'd make sure to cap your FPS to your screen's refresh rate which should help lower the thermals as well otherwise your GPU will be wasting energy and creating more heat for nothing.

Once you get the 1440p 144hz, you can unleash the beast. lol

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account