2019/12/11 13:03:44
Fuzzypunks
I understand but I offered to verify my identity with a order number for my Kingpin. I understand rules just needed some help and lost out on a very hard to find item that your company doesn't seem to want to support any longer. Spending 2k on a card I think why everyone is frustrated here over this is that they expect a different level of support. My Mercedes dealer would never tell me they stopped making rims for my AMG because it's limited production.
2019/12/11 13:29:22
EVGATech_DanielM
Fuzzypunks
I understand but I offered to verify my identity with a order number for my Kingpin. I understand rules just needed some help and lost out on a very hard to find item that your company doesn't seem to want to support any longer. Spending 2k on a card I think why everyone is frustrated here over this is that they expect a different level of support. My Mercedes dealer would never tell me they stopped making rims for my AMG because it's limited production.

Unless you purchased a one off limited edition Mercedes, this is not a comparable analogy nor are we a car manufacturer so it would be inappropriate to compare the two as wheels are vital to a car, not the same as a waterblock as it is not crucial for the card to operate. We did have these blocks in stock for months mind you and were while supplies last. We had no plans to manufacture a block for every Kingpin we made and settled on doing a specific amount as the demand for water blocks for an already watercooled card does not equal out. We understand your frustration. This was the same with the 10 series. We only manufactured so many blocks as we determine not every customer is going to waterblock their video card and making the card a hybrid allowed the customer to have a watercooled option at the end of the day.
2019/12/11 14:38:40
SalvatoreMundi
EVGATech_DanielM
Fuzzypunks

Unless you purchased a one off limited edition Mercedes, this is not a comparable analogy nor are we a car manufacturer so it would be inappropriate to compare the two as wheels are vital to a car, not the same as a waterblock as it is not crucial for the card to operate. We did have these blocks in stock for months mind you and were while supplies last. We had no plans to manufacture a block for every Kingpin we made and settled on doing a specific amount as the demand for water blocks for an already watercooled card does not equal out. We understand your frustration. This was the same with the 10 series. We only manufactured so many blocks as we determine not every customer is going to waterblock their video card and making the card a hybrid allowed the customer to have a watercooled option at the end of the day.

well... I don't see on the VRMs any type of water cooling for example, as you said that the card is water cooled, but maybe I'm wrong:)
2019/12/11 14:51:56
sparetimepc
SalvatoreMundi
EVGATech_DanielM
Fuzzypunks

well... I don't see on the VRMs any type of water cooling for example, as you said that the card is water cooled, but maybe I'm wrong:)

Believe me, the copper heatsink and vrm fan on the 2080 ti kingpin is so effective the waterblock gains you no advantage at all. i got higher bench scores with the die only water cooled. Anything i was able to do with the hydro copper i was able to do equal to or better with the die only water cooled, the coldplate cooling the memory and the vrm fan/copper sink cooling the vrm's.  The hydro copper flow was just to restrictive.
2019/12/11 17:12:16
AHowes
Let's not forget your now dealing with lower humidity now then back when on the kingpin hydro cooler.. so that's a part of it. You mentioned as much.

Anyways.. while using ln2 the whole card is not cooled so a full block is not needed. A convenience thing to easily include in ones existing full water loop.
2019/12/11 22:22:32
EVGATech_DanielM
sparetimepc
SalvatoreMundi
EVGATech_DanielM
Fuzzypunks

Believe me, the copper heatsink and vrm fan on the 2080 ti kingpin is so effective the waterblock gains you no advantage at all. i got higher bench scores with the die only water cooled. Anything i was able to do with the hydro copper i was able to do equal to or better with the die only water cooled, the coldplate cooling the memory and the vrm fan/copper sink cooling the vrm's.  The hydro copper flow was just to restrictive.

2019/12/11 23:24:59
Fuzzypunks
The example was meant to explain the expectations of a luxury car ownership experience as opposed to a commuter car ownership experience. I appreciate the fact that your company has this forum and that their employees engage with their customers which is a great thing. I was just trying to pass a little advice your way that’s all. Spending 2k on a card I would expect to be able to water cool it as performance is very important to me but so are looks. If there is a better option that also ties into my water loop and looks great I’m all in otherwise I’d like to retain the LCD display and the EVGA warranty hence wanting to purchase the Hydro Copper. If someone has a better alternative that fits in my loop and looks as good as the hydro copper I’m all ears.
2019/12/12 01:11:32
AHowes
Just get the ek universal block and do the mod with the extra cold plate and buy the ln2 OLED kit and call it a day.

Your warranty will still be intact! Evga dont care how ya cool it as long as you dont physically damage it.
2019/12/12 01:20:32
Mcwrah
So jelly of US cause in EU you can't get the ln2 oled kit... so for me if the WBs don't work out and I will have to do the mod... no oled for me lol.
2019/12/12 07:50:25
Fuzzypunks
AHowes
Just get the ek universal block and do the mod with the extra cold plate and buy the ln2 OLED kit and call it a day.

Your warranty will still be intact! Evga dont care how ya cool it as long as you dont physically damage it.

Can you elaborate? is there a link to full instructions on this mod?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account