2019/11/26 04:54:52
Jammed_Death
Hi guys
a couple of days ago i bought wh40k inquisitor martyr on steam...every 2 minutes playing system crash and restart...this is the only game that give me this problem, 2-3 people answered my issues and said it is psu related...so i googled around and found 2 benchmark\stress test...one occt and the other one realbench. With occt the power test restart immediately my computer while the cpu test go ahead without issues...realbench freeze system at the video encoding test...occt gave me a bsod even "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" related to "ntoskrnl.exe+1c14e0"
specs:
-msi msi mpg x570 gaming edge
-ryzen 3600 liquid cooled
-msi nvidia rtx 2070 (verticalized with coolermaster vertical holder)
-16 gb corsair vengeance
-samsung 970 evo nvme
-wd nvme 500gb
-evga supernova g2 750w
-no overclock
-all updated (bios and driver)
-temps are good, 45° cpu and 65 max vga while playing.
-memtest ok

In daily use or with other games i never had an issue, hw is about 5-6 months old maybe less...i know that stress test could be well, stressful for a build, but i don't oc and i thought my pc was stable and cool...now i'm getting this problem and i'm a bit scared for the hardware...any help around?
2019/11/26 05:10:31
Cool GTX
Welcome to the EVGA Forums

2019/11/26 05:13:27
Jammed_Death
thank you 
2019/11/26 05:17:05
Cool GTX
With Good Temps & an Otherwise stable PC ... spontaneous reboots during Intensive GPU or CPU use can indicate a failing PSU

- Confirm your cables are Fully installed & locked @ both ends
- if your MB has Aux PCIe power port - Use it
- Confirm GPU is fully installed & locked
- test on another outlet - best if it is on a different circuit

If your PSU is Modular - & you have spare cable that can with That PSU - try the spare cables & in different PSU - PCIe sockets if available

Vertical GPU mounting:

could be a bad PCIe riser cable ---> Test GPU plugged into the MB directly - Or - test space riser cable

Run Separate PCIe power cables from PSU to Each GPU socket - (Not PCIe cable with the second jumper)
2019/11/26 05:21:09
Jammed_Death
 if your MB has Aux PCIe power port - Use it

never heard about this, what is it? On the mb i have the classical 24 pin and 8+4 (only the 8 one connected)

Everything else it's ok
2019/11/26 05:37:30
Cool GTX
Many MB have an "extra" place to connect extra power for the PCIe bus ---> Check your manual -- if it has one it will show you where it is -- Usualy only needed when running 2 or more GPU
2019/11/26 07:47:20
Jammed_Death
checked, all power plugs are the one i mentioned before 8+4 cpu and 24 pin

i will test with gpu connected directly to mb and see

tested unigine heaven benchmark for 30 minutes, all maxed out, vga temps reached 72° no crash
2019/11/26 09:27:10
Sajin
Jammed_Death
checked, all power plugs are the one i mentioned before 8+4 cpu and 24 pin

i will test with gpu connected directly to mb and see

tested unigine heaven benchmark for 30 minutes, all maxed out, vga temps reached 72° no crash

OCCT power supply test passes now without any issues now that you have the gpu connected directly to the motherboard?
2019/11/26 09:35:54
Jammed_Death
i didn't had time to mount the vga without the vertical riser...i run another occt without avx, power test, bsod with APC_INDEX_MISMATCH ntoskrnl.exe+1c14e0

i will try attacking gpu directly to mb when i have time
2019/11/26 09:43:33
Sajin
Information on your two blue screens...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/bug-check-0x1e--kmode-exception-not-handled
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/bug-check-0x1--apc-index-mismatch

The kmode blue screeen could also mean your cpu isn't getting enough power, or the vcore isn't set to the correct value (either too high or too low) in the bios.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account