2019/11/24 16:32:17
bikemanI7
Hello All

Wondering how i'd get the PCi-E 6 pin cable, the piece that attaches to the end of the cord to stay so I can use it as 8 pin in my future video card upgrade (Geforce 1660 Super probably will be EVGA card) for my Asus G11CD-K Desktop,  Intel I7 7700,  16gb of ram,  currently Nvidia 1050 2gb,  Western Digital SSD 250gb, and WD Black Storage drive)

I tried setting up the cables so far, and so far can't seem to get the thing to stay together for some reason, maybe im doing it wrong, first time working with PCI-E cables myself

2019/11/24 18:00:10
Hoggle
It can be a little bit tricky but the two pins should have a little bit of plastic sticking out the side. When you put the cable together so that the pins all face the same way the two pins plastic should be under the 6 pin plastic. You could always make sure power is off to the computer and it's unplugged  from the wall and put the two pins part way into the socket to hold it in place then plug in the other six pins. Make sure everything is fully put in place before plugging in the computer and starting it up.
2019/11/24 18:02:59
bikemanI7
Yeah well i'll make sure it's definitely perfect before I power up the PC in the future once the new card is installed.   And yes it did look tricky when I was looking at the cable to figure that part out prior to getting the newer video card.     Like to be prepared, and kinda know what i'm doing prior to attempting to do things

2019/11/25 02:32:18
Hoggle
bikemanI7
Yeah well i'll make sure it's definitely perfect before I power up the PC in the future once the new card is installed.   And yes it did look tricky when I was looking at the cable to figure that part out prior to getting the newer video card.     Like to be prepared, and kinda know what i'm doing prior to attempting to do things

When you look at it just make sure that all 8 of the pins are sitting even with each other. Looking at it without the card you should be able to tell how it's intended to work and it should make sense.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account