• EVGA NU Audio Series
  • Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven (p.9)
2020/02/21 12:20:01
hammocka
Hi all,

I'm planning on installing my NU Pro 7.1 tonight and was wondering; I got both cards (that's all you can buy right now), if I ONLY plan on using my DT 1990 headphones, is there ANY reason to install the second surround sound card? Was thinking the only reason would be to enable 7.1 headphone surround for video games but not sure if that's a thing or not.

Thanks in advance.

Aaron
2020/02/25 20:48:29
playboyer
I just installed the NU Pro card.  I don't see the adjustment for the headphone ohms settings.  

*nvm figured it out.
2020/03/02 08:16:56
JimBeamBlack
 Hey y'all, does this setup require 2 actual pcie slots? In the interface section it says "PCIe x1 Gen2, mini-DP" which I assume means 1 pcie powered slot and 1 MDP, is this correct? I can't tell if that second cards pci interface is just a place holder or an actual powered interface.

If so I'm out of luck....

thanks
2020/03/02 11:25:10
EVGA_Lee
JimBeamBlack
 Hey y'all, does this setup require 2 actual pcie slots? In the interface section it says "PCIe x1 Gen2, mini-DP" which I assume means 1 pcie powered slot and 1 MDP, is this correct? I can't tell if that second cards pci interface is just a place holder or an actual powered interface.

If so I'm out of luck....

thanks

You'll need one PCIe slot for each card.  If you're still on the Z390 DARK, you might still be able to work the lanes to get both on there.
2020/03/09 05:17:37
xMoac
I am interested in purchasing this new audio card, could someone answer me this?
I have active speakers (Kef LSX) connected via the Spdif port on a motherboard to my PC, my question is, will the Optical Toslink on the NU Audio Soundcard pro deliver any improvements to my sound? (given Kef LSX are active speakers and run via Toslink)? Is there better isolation from interferences compared to motherboard built-in SPDIF?
Moreover, SPDIF and Toslink...I read that the differences are that Toslink can deliver higher quality sound (more lanes) , Kef LSX has Toslink port and my cable is Toslink (QED Reference Optical Quartz)...my motherboard says it has a SPDIF, will going to NU Audio (having Toslink) improve my sound?
Thank You
2020/03/09 15:56:35
DEJ915
xMoac
I am interested in purchasing this new audio card, could someone answer me this?
I have active speakers (Kef LSX) connected via the Spdif port on a motherboard to my PC, my question is, will the Optical Toslink on the NU Audio Soundcard pro deliver any improvements to my sound? (given Kef LSX are active speakers and run via Toslink)? Is there better isolation from interferences compared to motherboard built-in SPDIF?
Moreover, SPDIF and Toslink...I read that the differences are that Toslink can deliver higher quality sound (more lanes) , Kef LSX has Toslink port and my cable is Toslink (QED Reference Optical Quartz)...my motherboard says it has a SPDIF, will going to NU Audio (having Toslink) improve my sound?
Thank You

toslink is just a name for optical SPDIF, SPDIF is the audio format transferred either via optical cable or coaxial cable.  The signal is digital until decoded by your speakers digital to analog converter so the NU Audio card won't improve the sound quality at all it basically functions as a pass through device.  Some software for sound cards can change the sound via eq, etc. before it spits it out the digital output but I personally wouldn't get an upgrade sound card just for that.   Only reason I got mine is for headphone output, otherwise I'd just use onboard.
2020/03/17 09:18:28
Vivicector
Guys, I have just received the card and have some questions now. The additional pro surround card is connected by DP to the main card. But does it rly need PCI-E port? 

As well, due to the slots on my MB (I have 2 PCI, and they spoil things), the additional card is sandwitched between the videocard backplate and processor cooler ribs. How will it react to additional temp?
2020/03/17 09:32:54
EVGA_Lee
Vivicector
Guys, I have just received the card and have some questions now. The additional pro surround card is connected by DP to the main card. But does it rly need PCI-E port? 

As well, due to the slots on my MB (I have 2 PCI, and they spoil things), the additional card is sandwitched between the videocard backplate and processor cooler ribs. How will it react to additional temp?

Yes, it requires a PCIe slot.  Prior to production, we did actually test it both ways.  We found that the card was more stable and improved performance if it also received power via PCIe.

Temps won't be an issue.  The I/O shield is really only for EMS protection on the daughter board (and looks).
2020/03/17 12:50:39
Vivicector
OK, been testing it a bit. The mic input is what gives me the most troubles. The input is picking a lot of background noise, sometimes "electrical" sounds and I can even hear the mouse moving through the mic echo play! What the hell? Is it not shielded in some way? My onboard sound card has no such issues. Can something be done?
2020/03/17 13:38:01
EVGA_Lee
Vivicector
OK, been testing it a bit. The mic input is what gives me the most troubles. The input is picking a lot of background noise, sometimes "electrical" sounds and I can even hear the mouse moving through the mic echo play! What the hell? Is it not shielded in some way? My onboard sound card has no such issues. Can something be done?

What happens if you switch to the Line-In input?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account