• EVGA NU Audio Series
  • Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven (p.8)
2020/01/15 13:45:01
EVGA_Lee
AmbroseAthan
Does the new Pro card, or the old one, allow for output over the headphone line and RCA outs at the same time? (same source)

Recently had to give up on an old Omega Claro Halo sound card being its PCI (not express) and no longer have a slot for it, but dual-outputs was one of the best things it did.

Yes, both support that feature.  You can toggle Line-out, Headphone Out, or have both play at the same time via the NU Audio/NU Audio Pro software.
2020/01/17 09:14:30
Burke888
Has anyone else had issues installing the drivers for the new card?
I just purchased the new version Tuesday and wasn't able to install the drivers. The installer told me to re-boot my system, which I did. Then after rebooting another installer window would pop up, I would follow those prompts and then at the end the program would say to disconnect the sound card. I tried various options, including unplugging the SATA power, shutting off the entire machine, powering it down, removing the card from the PCIe slot. I even changed PCIE slots. I was never able to install the drivers.

Device Manager detected the card in Windows, but it had a yellow triangle with a caution symbol and a code 10 next to it. I contacted EVGA and we troubleshooted and they suggested I RMA the brand new card. I really don't think it's a hardware issue since the card lights up with RGB and I can hear it click when I boot the machine. I'm doing a cross ship RMA but before I get the new card I was wondering if anyone else has run into this issue?
2020/01/17 09:26:26
EVGA_Lee
Burke888
I just purchased the new version Tuesday and wasn't able to install the drivers. The installer told me to re-boot my system, which I did. Then after rebooting another installer window would pop up, I would follow those prompts and then at the end the program would say to disconnect the sound card. I tried various options, including unplugging the SATA power, shutting off the entire machine, powering it down, removing the card from the PCIe slot. I even changed PCIE slots. I was never able to install the drivers.

Device Manager detected the card in Windows, but it had a yellow triangle with a caution symbol and a code 10 next to it. I contacted EVGA and we troubleshooted and they suggested I RMA the brand new card. I really don't think it's a hardware issue since the card lights up with RGB and I can hear it click when I boot the machine. I'm doing a cross ship RMA but before I get the new card I was wondering if anyone else has run into this issue?

What motherboard do you have?  Also, are you connecting the SATA power directly from the PSU, or are you using an adapter?
2020/01/17 09:30:04
Burke888
I am running an ASUS Maximux Code XI Z390 motherboard.
I put on a fresh SATA power cable into the modular PSU with no other devices on the SATA power strand.
2020/01/17 10:06:51
Cool GTX
New drives coming Out soon ?
2020/01/17 10:13:31
Cool GTX
Burke888

Your Win 10 fully up to date ?

Your MB use a PLX chip to get more PCIe buses ?

When installing ...are you getting several security alerts to be generated in Windows 10 ... "blocked program" ... you need to: check "Windows Security"

"Allow an App through Controlled folder access"

check the: "Recently blocked apps" ---> if you noticed a Security pop-up during the Software's install

Handy step by step how to:   Add or Remove Allowed Apps for Controlled Folder Access

2020/01/17 12:42:58
Burke888
I appreciate Cool GTX and LeeM for the replies!

It turns out, this was user error (Yes, it can happen to you believe it or not haha).
I was installing the Nu Audio software package instead of the actual drivers. When I went to the EVGA website, I went to the section that contained the other EVGA software, and downloaded the Nu Audio package instead of the the drivers themselves.

If anyone else is encountering this issue, please be sure to install the actual drivers and not the audio software. Here is a link to the drivers.
https://www.evga.com/support/download/showdlinfo.aspx?id=16900&type=N&acctype=Audio%20Driver%20-%20EVGA%20NU%20Audio%20Pro&accversion=1.0.1.0&part_number=Default
2020/01/17 14:14:00
Cool GTX
@ Burke888 --> Thanks for the Update

Sounds like a Caffeine failure ..... it Happens

Your link is a little long & not going to the correct area for me ... So, https://www.evga.com/support/download/

Glad its Working with the Driver installed 
2020/01/18 21:04:36
mr_scary
DannyW75
Having 7.1 on a headset is nothing but a gimmick. If you want good positional audio in a headphone, just buy a real headphone. For under 200 US, you can get the Beyerdynamic DT 880 250 Ohm headphones, and it will blow that Razer trash out of the water. The DT 880 is neutral, detailed, and has an excellent soundstage. You can detect exactly where everything is in games. For the 200 bucks price level, you can't beat this headphone.

https://www.amazon.com/be...=1578165876&sr=8-1

I understand most 7.1 (Virtual) headphones are a gimmick, they suck., But I'm referring to actual analog 7.1 headset. Tiamat 7.1 analog
I have studio headphones for my music recording, but I'm wanting a surround gaming headset for casual listening, Gaming, Youtube, Discord, etc.. while still having a true surround. 
Otherwise I am stuck with using only a speaker setup.

2020/02/06 12:59:33
xbuster
Hello dear Evga,

I am writing to you about my return from France. I am François, i am 37 years old and since childhood, i have been a Hi-Fi fan.
I had several sound cards and various amplifiers and speakers. Currently on my main system I have a Marantz PM7000N amp and a pair of Klipsch HERESY III.
It is a high performance system that does not forgive the level of the signal that it is provided.
So I bought an Evga Nu Audio Pro that I run an analog in 32bit 384Khz. I am delighted with the result! congratulations !
The sound is well balanced, the sound scene is vast and the dynamics are impressive.

IMHO, I think you have the best card on the consumer market. Thank you for this gift! it’s a blessing.
Continue like this EVGA! and take care of yourself.

In a friendly way,
François.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account