• EVGA NU Audio Series
  • Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven (p.5)
2019/11/22 12:31:34
gjb813
Does the software that comes with the card have a voice changer? For example, monster voice,happy voice, male, and female? I have it on my asus essence stx ii and I love it.
2019/11/22 14:40:53
EVGA_Lee
EvoLunatic
Lee, has the digital out been affected? I'm currently just using it as a digital output. Paid full retail on this unit so not looking to upgrade anytime soon. Could always gift it at some point :)

The digital out is mostly unchanged from the original NU Audio card.  The only thing that would potentially affect the digital out would be the different main power section of the Pro card, which more or less means there shouldn't be much of a difference, with regards to the digital out.
2019/11/22 23:16:15
Vlada011
PC without dedicate sound card is not PC for me.
And sound card should be in level with other components.
People pay 3000-4000$ for PC and use SupremeFX sound, no comment.
Sound card is 30-40% of reason why I can't switch to Mini ITX PC. 

If someone think that high end onboard solutions are excellent, I notice difference between mid and high class sound card need to say that best audio solutions are not even close to 80$ worth SBZ. And you don't need to have super expensive 7.1 or 5.1 systems. On any normal speakers you notice difference.
Good pair of desktop speakers like A2+ or A5+ or far more then you need to notice extreme difference between mid and high level of sound cards. 
A lot of people upgrade from GTX1080 to RTX2080...example, or GTX1070 to RTX2070... Why instead they not buy Audioengine A2+ and EVGA Sound card and delay upgrade of GPU one next year. That's investment for 10-15 year in Desktop sound, excellent quality. You don't need to connect PC to Hi-Fi, recivers, DAC, Amplifiers, 5 surround speakers... Simple PCI-E sound card and pair of active desktop speakers. 

2019/11/23 06:46:50
ty_ger07
EvoLunatic
I'm currently just using it as a digital output.

Why? Waste of money. The analog stuff, you aren't using, is what you paid extra for. You can get a different digital output, which sounds identical, for $50.
2019/11/23 12:33:24
DannyW75
I am currently a Sound Blaster ZXR owner, and I have bought a pre-order for the Nu Audio Pro 7.1 package. I can't wait to get it. I have Burson Audio V6 Vivid Single and Dual opamps in my ZXR card currently. I will be putting all V6 Vivid opamps into the Nu Audio Pro when I get it. If anyone here wants me to put up a review of the card when I get it, I will be glad to do so.
2019/12/02 13:25:10
McCracken
"We took the solid foundation of the NU Audio Card"

I had to stop there.
There is still basic problems with the NU card, people here have all sorts of fundemental problems with the product. Just look at the latest post, even after several driver and firmware updates, still problems, crackling audio, issues with teamspeak etc. I really want to pull the trigger on the NU card, but not before the basic stuff is in order. Good luck EVGA
2019/12/09 09:08:05
Ravenmaster
Seems like a bit of an oversight to not include a HDMI audio socket on the card. Optical and Analog connections don't support Dolby Atmos or DTS:X signal - only high speed HDMI supports them.
2019/12/09 16:28:10
DannyW75
The main focus with this card is to use it with 2 channel analog, or 5.1/7.1 analog with the daughter card. This way, you are fully utilizing the AKM DAC chips on the card. There really is no need for HDMI on the card. With HDMI, the DACs will not even be used, and you will then be using the DAC in your receiver. Any receiver out there under 1500 bucks will not have DAC chips in it as good as the 4 x AKM 4493 DAC chips used on the Nu Audio Pro. The AKM 4493 is a very high end chip, and you don't find DACs of this level in receivers until you hit the 2000 dollar and above price point. If the receiver has 6/8 channel analog inputs, the sound quality when using analog from this card will be superior to using HDMI, unless it is an ultra high end flagship receiver with an equivalent DAC in it.
2019/12/11 04:09:18
DKSang
Backplate? 

Not for 19/25 Euros plus shipping to North America... 
2019/12/23 15:02:39
icy20
When will be orderable on the EU??? I have sold my Nu audio and waiting for this to come out. The thing is that I will be left with onboard audio until it releases :(

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account