• EVGA NU Audio Series
  • Introducing the EVGA NU Audio Pro Cards - Ascend From Lifelike Audio to 7.1 Heaven (p.3)
2019/11/20 09:38:18
myststars
IMO the NU audio Pro is really ready for the ones that have water pumps with coils that interfere with sound because of EMI.
2019/11/20 09:56:46
EVGA_Lee
DEJ915
I wonder why 1/8" jacks were chosen for the surround card, I'd have expected RCA like the main card's line output as I have a competitor's comparable product which has that setup.  Kind of a shame those of us with the original card cannot purchase the add-on since we lack the connector on the inside.

We looked at a lot of options for both cards.  There was a point where we considered making the headphone port at 3.5mm along with the Front L/R at 3.5mm also.  A lot of it comes down to space and PCB layout.

It's not just the connector, but there's also a slightly different power design on the Pro cards designed to handle the power transfer through the mDP cable, which also needs to be tuned properly to prevent noise or other issues that can occur through this type of connection.
2019/11/20 10:05:03
EVGA_Lee
Kaihekoa
Comparing the specs, the only thing that is different than the Nu Audio 1.0 is the op-amp and some capacitors.  I doubt that's going to be a noticeable difference to existing Nu Audio owners like myself.

To my ear, there was an immediately noticeable difference.  I like this difference, myself, but this is sort of the experimental side of audio.  I imagine that some people will like the more analytical signature of the original NU Audio compared to the NU Audio Pro, whereas others will prefer the somewhat warmer, airier and more dynamic NU Audio Pro.  It reminded me often of how I've described the difference between a pair of Focal Elear and Audeze LCD-2 CB headphones.  Both great, but very different signatures.  Again, that's my impression of it, so feel free to take it with a grain of salt.
2019/11/20 10:08:04
EVGA_Lee
myststars
it was dubious why they kept the 149$ / 179$ price for so long ... Now i got the answer. :)
I just got the Nu audio myself.Anyway i am really really glad that EVGA audio line is a success.Otherwise they wouldn't have invested in the Nu audio pro.I am really glad that they released an audio card in the first place.I had Asus Essence ST.I wanted a PCIe card and i got the PowerColor HDX.The support was dead.No driver updates.Cheers to EVGA !

For what it's worth, we are not retiring the original NU Audio Card, so we will still be offering support for it for the foreseeable future.
2019/11/20 10:09:53
EVGA_Lee
jonny80s
2 days before this was released I was searching the internet for an expansion sold EMI shield to put between the graphics card and the audio card....

Will the Pro back plate fit the original card?

And will they be available for purchase?

No, the backplate will not fit the original card.  A number of differences, plus, they use different I/O brackets to accommodate the backplate.
2019/11/20 10:16:26
transdogmifier
So recommend me a good set of speakers for this card? My 20 year old cambridge soundworks aren't doing well ;)
2019/11/20 10:20:58
myststars
transdogmifier
So recommend me a good set of speakers for this card? My 20 year old cambridge soundworks aren't doing well ;)

Edifier S3000 pro or swan m200mkiii

2019/11/20 10:51:55
myststars
EVGATech_LeeM
myststars
it was dubious why they kept the 149$ / 179$ price for so long ... Now i got the answer. :)
I just got the Nu audio myself.Anyway i am really really glad that EVGA audio line is a success.Otherwise they wouldn't have invested in the Nu audio pro.I am really glad that they released an audio card in the first place.I had Asus Essence ST.I wanted a PCIe card and i got the PowerColor HDX.The support was dead.No driver updates.Cheers to EVGA !

For what it's worth, we are not retiring the original NU Audio Card, so we will still be offering support for it for the foreseeable future.

I haven't thought about discontinuation ... I just expected something to happen :)
Anyway you guys from EVGA were very quick at launching a refresh with all fixes wanted by community.Pretty awesome imo. :)

2019/11/20 12:29:26
Fredski
I have to say I do not understand what's that NU Audio Pro about. I have Nu Audio and want to upgrade. Using only headphones and only for gaming. Which one should I buy as an upgrade ? Is it one card or two cards?
2019/11/20 14:35:04
CivicMinded
I'm guessing the new Pro card did away with the front panel I/O connection?  I don't see it mentioned, or I may have missed it?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account