2019/11/18 23:25:58
rjohnson11
https://www.overclock3d.net/news/software/valve_confirms_half-life_alyx_announcement_plans/1

It's official, Valve has confirmed that they plan to announced Half-Life: Alyx, the company's "flagship VR game" this Thursday at 10 am Pacific time. In the UK, this translates to 6 PM GMT. 

Previously, Valve announced that their flagship VR game would release this year, though it is possible that the release of Half-Life Alyx has been delayed until 2020. 

Half-Life: Alyx will reportedly act as a continuation of Half-Life 2's storyline, placing players in the shoes of Alyx Vance, one of Half-Life 2's protagonists. The game will be exclusive to VR headsets, lacking a non-VR version on PC or console platforms. 

Expect to hear more about Half-Life: Alyx this Thursday. 

Pity there is no PC non VR version of the game in my opinion
2019/11/19 03:42:42
Hoggle
I would agree it's a pity that they are not doing a non VR game but at least it's Valve doing something with the Half Life brand. It's sat around gathering dust for so long it's good to see really anything and to hear it picks up from Half Life 2 is also good since I could see them having just do a reboot. Hopefully the community shows up and says they want to see a PC game that isn't VR since I would love to see Half Life 3.
2019/11/19 03:55:41
transdogmifier
Well...Half-life 2.5 confirmed, at least.

I won't buy a VR headset to play it tho.

2019/11/19 06:32:51
rjohnson11
transdogmifier
Well...Half-life 2.5 confirmed, at least.

I won't buy a VR headset to play it tho.

I have tried VR and get some dizzy spells so I won't buy one either. 
2019/11/19 06:37:11
aka_STEVE_b
Valve making a VR game =   * confirmed it will be 1 room where you walk around and interact with buttons , ending with a headcrab jumping on your face

2019/11/19 07:20:42
castrator86
aka_STEVE_b
ending with a headcrab jumping on your face

As if I needed to crap my pants while gaming... 
2019/11/19 11:19:56
boylerya
Valve is having the biggest writer's block in history.
2019/11/20 14:02:34
kougar
Definitely not buying VR gear for one game. Hoping Valve makes a regular version of it a year later or something. If it's a full length game, too many of the last HL titles were short tech demos or completable in a single session. 
2019/11/21 16:26:58
Brad_Hawthorne
Good news for VR, not so good news for Half-Life only fans. Full Index integration means that environment is going to be very interactive. Rumors of Source 2 engine SDK release with it and Steam Workshop mods. I suppose VR has been looking for a title that would prop it up. This might for a bit.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account