2019/11/13 16:13:20
AndreiArgeanu
So I was looking around for power supplies locally and i found a great deal on an EVGA 500W 80+ power supply. The box is sealed and everything looks fine, except that in the front instead of 80 plus certified it just says bronze. As much as I've never heard of counterfeit power supplies, and the power supply itself doesn't cost much I just want to be sure that I'm not getting some useless hunk of metal. So, is it just a printing error? And is there by any chance a way to verify it is genuine?

Attached Image(s)

2019/11/13 16:32:18
Sajin
Get the part # and serial # off the box and call evga and ask them. https://www.evga.com/about/contactus/
2019/11/14 06:19:52
Cool GTX
Good Question

EVGA can track their production ...

Customer Service
         Service Hours    6 AM to 10 PM PT, 7 days a week
  • US Offices

Thank you for your interest in EVGA. If you have any questions or comments, we'd love to hear from you.
    You may also reach us between the hours of 9 AM - 5:30 PM PST 

Please click here to go to our service page, or if you're a Global customer, click here.

EVGA Corporation

US Office (Brea, California)

Toll Free: +1.888.881.EVGA (3842)
    Tel: +1.714.528.4500

2019/11/14 06:40:50
_JoseR
welcome to the EVGA Forums AndreiArgeanu!

Strange find indeed. Looking at all of our Bronze power supplies, you can tell they are bronze by their distinctive labeling on the box.
When you get a chance send the serial number to support@evga.com and perhaps a few images of the unit itself from different angles including the cables as well. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account