2019/11/10 22:07:35
wmmills
aka_STEVE_b
HHmm , I wonder if Corsair PSU units will suddenly never get a bad rating now that he's working for them !?!??? 

Ha! Normally id think that too steve but the whole group over there are very honest guys with there reviews whether good ,bad or ugly results. Although, he may end up making some of there psu lines even better which would be a great result. Like Hoggle said, Corsairs PSU's have historically been very good, even the lower end units will take a beating and keep going and its been that way for years and years. Jonnyguru is one of the very few sites i will look at for reviews because of the electronics breakdowns while i wait to see what actual buyer/owners say.
2019/11/11 07:26:06
aka_STEVE_b
I have only had 1 bad PSU from Corsair  & they happily replaced it with an even better version .

I think it was an 800 Gold and they sent me a 850 Platinum digital back.....That is still working to this day in a  different system.

2019/11/11 07:58:11
Bobmitch
I have had great luck with Corsair and EVGA.  Thermaltake, on the other hand....
2019/11/13 04:01:47
kougar
aka_STEVE_b
HHmm , I wonder if Corsair PSU units will suddenly never get a bad rating now that he's working for them !?!??? 

Jonny quit doing reviews for his website when Corsair hired him years ago. Unfortunately with him leaving that also nearly killed off the JonnyGuru website, one less resource for in-depth technical PSU testing reviews. 
2019/11/13 08:37:54
GTXJackBauer
Trust me gentlemen, I have my faith in the JohnnyGuru team when it comes to PSUs reviews.  It's my go to place for PSU reviews because of their extensive testing and long time credibility.  I usually extend my searches for PC components in other places so I'm not dead set on one place.

At the end of the day, to each their own I guess.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account