2020/02/21 11:16:44
pfk505
Patch notes are out and one thing in particular caught my eye:

Fixed issues with lighting quality and benchmarking tool accuracy on some systems using multiple graphics cards

Users are still reporting crashes and unchanged performance for the most part.
2020/02/22 08:51:20
Flonkam
arestavo
It's almost as if game devs in huge companies can't do things that end users and small game devs can.

It does seem like that. But the reality in most cases is not that they can't, but that they won't. This is what I posted in GTAForums last week, in response to a typical "relax, everything will be fine" post:

When you understand that the only reason performance-, gameplay-, and immersion-affecting bugs persist is a lack of concern and not a lack of capability, you understand that relaxing is one of the best ways of ensuring that nothing changes.

No matter how talented and capable employees are of delivering a great game, the handful of people at the top call the shots, and they do not care about video games per se. They are not motivated by passion like the gamer-run studios of the past (or the CDPR of the present), but only by numbers. By money.

I encourage everyone to understand that to an unscrupulous person, or even just a non-gamer, if the numbers are good enough, the game is good enough. And if an executive does not believe that eliminating all significant problems (not all problems, just significant ones) will significantly increase revenue, he has no motivation to do so. I can't stress this enough.

Games have been fixed by fans--without benefit of source code--way too many times for the truth to be doubted even by those who don't understand programming at all. In nearly every case these things can be done--they just aren't.

I know that if Take-Two/Rockstar were to lose all revenue until RDR2 had no significant issues, we would not have long to wait. Not long at all.
2020/02/23 08:43:24
skywalkermibnasa46
well,since there is still no effective methos which can sovle muti-card issue at all,i got anthor problem to discuss with you guys~~~"Control" with DX12/RTX ALL on got CTD randomly while playing in CFR mode (Dual RTX 2080Tis w/CFR mode on),Metro Exdus is okey...can anyone who play with same rigs take a look at this issue for me?
2020/02/24 06:33:27
superfufuze
Works correctly here with pair of 1080 Ti under Vulkan API with no argument in R* launcher under
Hotfix Nvidia drivers 442.37 i vsync the game at my max framerate 60fps on a 2160p monitor.
i apply a bit OC to both cards to push a bit to 2012 to 2025 Mhz & VRAM +400 Mhz.
Make "pipecache windows" sga files cleans in "W10 documents folder" starting by DX12 reconstruction, then change to Vulkan API. 
Restart game under Vulkan and get back your graphicals settings.
Sometime i see that vulkan is bit buggy like i see "fpsmonitor" with a bit of overlay
clipping (like right after alt tab or something ) and its a sign ;)
i go ingame parameters and switch to "Bordeless" mode (validate) and then return to "Fullscreen" mode (validate) (its like a SWITCH to me) and i see overlay clipping disappear & the game return to smooth (feel it directly when moving your character and camera moving).
i do some test with "asynchronous" compute mode or not but i didn't feel any improvements when activated.

Share my graphicals settings if its help.

Resolution: 3840x2160
Fullscreen
Vsync: On
then all off
========================
Texture quality: Ultra
AF: 16x
Lighting: Medium
Global illumination: High
Shadows: High
Far shadows: High
AO : High
Reflection: Medium
Mirror: High
Water: Custom
Volumetrics: Custom
Particle: High
Tessellation: High
TAA: Off
FXAA: On
MSAA: Off
========================
API: Vulkan
Near volumetric: Low
Far volumetric: Medium
Volumetric lighting: High
Unlocked VRR: No
Particle lighting: High
Soft shadows: Ultra
Grass shadows: Medium
Long shadows: Yes
Full res SSAO: Off
Water refraction: Medium
Water reflection: High
Water physics: [2/4]
Resolution scale: Off
TAA Sharpening: [0%]
Motion blur: Off
Reflection MSAA: Off
Geometry LOD: [3/5]
Grass LOD: [6/10] or [5/10]
Tree quality: High
Parallax occlusion mapping: Ultra
Decal: Ultra
Fur: High
Trees Tesslation : Off

Adding a bit adaptative sharpen by nvidia 3D settings parameters & a bit "clarity" from Freestyle & stew is cooked ;)

Tested over 40 hours online playin you will experience "sometimes" right after loading a white light but it will disapear, one time on moonshine mission start up light stay (just use the "switch" to solve this), and ponctually some top water textures disapearing quick but its definitively not a game breaker.

Hopes its help.
Cheers
2020/02/24 06:37:35
goovich
superfufuze

Fullscreen
then all off
========================
========================

Adding a bit adaptative sharpen by nvidia 3D settings parameters & a bit "clarity" from Freestyle & stew is cooked ;)

Tested over 40 hours online playin you will experience "sometimes" right after loading a white light but it will disapear, one time on moonshine mission start up light stay (just use the "switch" to solve this), and ponctually some top water textures disapearing quick but its definitively not a game breaker.

Hopes its help.
Cheers

Now this is very helpful. Gonna try it on my rig.
Thanx pal!
P.S. Share your PC specs in the "signature and comment" section, please. Here is the link https://forums.evga.com/editprofile.aspx
2020/02/24 08:23:17
eralma
superfufuze
Works correctly here with pair of 1080 Ti under Vulkan API with no argument in R* launcher under
Hotfix Nvidia drivers 442.37 i vsync the game at my max framerate 60fps on a 2160p monitor.
i apply a bit OC to both cards to push a bit to 2012 to 2025 Mhz & VRAM +400 Mhz.
Make "pipecache windows" sga files cleans in "W10 documents folder" starting by DX12 reconstruction, then change to Vulkan API. 
Sometime i see that vulkan is bit buggy like i see "fpsmonitor" with a bit of overlay
i go ingame parameters and switch to "Bordeless" mode (validate) and then return to "Fullscreen" mode (validate) (its like a SWITCH to me) and i see overlay clipping disappear & the game return to smooth (feel it directly when moving your character and camera moving).
i do some test with "asynchronous" compute mode or not but i didn't feel any improvements when activated.

Fullscreen
then all off
========================
========================

Hopes its help.
Cheers

Wow great! I too really appreciate this, gonna try it later. Thank you!
2020/02/26 10:00:56
Nowawaka
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xxj86mdfkckgx9b/450.12.zip?dl=0

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/nvidia-450-12-whql-for-win10-x64.430333/ thread if u want to read about drivers before hand since they are insider WU drivers.  

New Driver 450.12 :)

But seems the last hotfix driver I posted seems to be working ok for some.
2020/02/26 15:58:31
RUN4Y0URL1F3
superfufuze

Fullscreen
then all off
========================
========================

Hopes its help.
Cheers

Are you seeing flickering in the story cutscenes?
2020/02/27 01:32:27
superfufuze
To be honnest i always play online 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account